Turn on thread page Beta

that pretty much sums it up. it's a big uni, but im still a little apprehensive. thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Screw them. No preconceptions in uni, you do and act however you like.

ReputationRep:
    You'll never see them. One of my best friends went to the same uni as me and I never saw her, apart from when I arranged to see her. And that was a fairly small uni!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    that pretty much sums it up. it's a big uni, but im still a little apprehensive. thoughts?
    It'll be a bit overwhelming in the beginning, from what you've described. But with time (and it won't be long) you'll make your own set of friends and buddies, and they'll just be part of history as far as you're concerned

So don't sweat it or think about it too much--it's only going to make it worse, harder--and over nothing

You'll have a blast a uni (not literally, wouldn't want people thinking I'm encouraging terrorist activities :p:) but yea

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    As long as they're not on your course, you'll never see them

ReputationRep:
    theres a highly religious pushy girl going to mine who iv been to school with
    (told her best friend she would go to hell if she didnt believe) shes in my classes too!
    i plan to befriend her since she is a nerd and steal all her notes when im too hungover

ReputationRep:
    Like what everyone else is saying, if you're not doing the same course, then I doubt youll see them. I go to a small uni, and rarely see my friends when im on campus. Maybe at night you'll see them if you go to the student union but to be honest, even if you do, you'll be with your own lot of friends and so you won't really have anything to do with them.

ReputationRep:
    other replies were right, you're unlikely to be hangin out with people you don't like... I was in the same course with an ex-classmate who I didn't like and a girl who lives just above my room, and I just ignored them, apart from being polite..
    you'll meet tons of new people who will be just perfect for you, don't worry..
    anyway if you want to be sure you're not getting in the same group of these people, just try keeping far from them in the first days, and try meeting much new people as you can...it will be much more natural then, you'll simply have different friends and won't hang out together

ReputationRep:
    **** em. If you don't want to be with them, don't. You'll make your own friends, and at uni, people will accept you for who you are.

What about if someone you don't get along with ends up in your group of 20 (sometimes 10) at uni! I'm stuck with them every day of the week as it's a clinical course. It's just happened to me- very annoyed!

ReputationRep:
    What about if someone you don't get along with ends up in your group of 20 (sometimes 10) at uni! I'm stuck with them every day of the week as it's a clinical course. It's just happened to me- very annoyed!
    yeah that can happen but apart from seeing them at uni you don't have to get out with them at night as well, do you?

ReputationRep:
    Well theyll be people you dont like anywhere...
    Better you know you dont like them to begin with really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattilongsoks)
    (told her best friend she would go to hell if she didnt believe) shes in my classes too!
    i plan to befriend her since she is a nerd and steal all her notes when im too hungover
    Then push her down the stairs. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattilongsoks)
    lol great plan ..

thanx for all the responses guys! def making me feel better lol. the reason the issue suddenly came up for me (i knew one of them was going before through a mate) was that he suddenly contacted me about it out of the blue, being pretty friendly as well. caught me offguard a little, dont know if it was genuine...

ReputationRep:
    thanx for all the responses guys! def making me feel better lol. the reason the issue suddenly came up for me (i knew one of them was going before through a mate) was that he suddenly contacted me about it out of the blue, being pretty friendly as well. caught me offguard a little, dont know if it was genuine...
    People change/ deserve 2nd chances... Unless they are my enemies... they just need to be hung :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I hardly ever saw people I didn't like at school while at college, let alone uni...

argh, worried as to how much background it'll take until people guess who i am lol. i switched school after gcse. havent seen these people in 2 years

ReputationRep:
    argh, worried as to how much background it'll take until people guess who i am lol. i switched school after gcse. havent seen these people in 2 years
    Chances are they probs wont recognise you then...

ReputationRep:
    Quite odd for me, I am going to Birmingham and the other people in my school who are going are people who I never really spoke to until the last couple of weeks of term, and I regretted that as we seemed to get on really well. You knows, if you do happen to meet them at uni, they could turn out to be good friends?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.