Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey so are there many muslims in Lancaster? I'm only asking because I am muslim from a very diverse city and just curious as I might study there. Also, is it a diverse city? Also, can you name interesting places to visit in or near Lancaster. I know it's not very well known.
Thanks.
๐“–๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐”‚
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not sure on the diversity and how many numbers, but my daughters going this year and currently chatting to people of all cultures in her study subject on line, there's about 50 in her physics group so far of all cultures
You have the lakes, Morecambe sea front, Ashcroft memorial, Lancaster castle, St Nics arcade and Marketgate with the shops. A lot of students like the train to Preston/Manchester and also trip up to Edinburgh too. Then there are the canal ways you can walk. A lot of the students live in the city too.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ghostlady)
Not sure on the diversity and how many numbers, but my daughters going this year and currently chatting to people of all cultures in her study subject on line, there's about 50 in her physics group so far of all cultures
You have the lakes, Morecambe sea front, Ashcroft memorial, Lancaster castle, St Nics arcade and Marketgate with the shops. A lot of students like the train to Preston/Manchester and also trip up to Edinburgh too. Then there are the canal ways you can walk. A lot of the students live in the city too.
I don't think Lancaster is a very diverse city. And oh wow! That sounds rlly nice! Thanks for the suggestions! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜Š
An1092
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey mate, Iโ€™ll be going Lancaster in 2020. I think university is quiet diverse but Lancaster itself isnโ€™t.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey so are there many muslims in Lancaster? I'm only asking because I am muslim from a very diverse city and just curious as I might study there. Also, is it a diverse city? Also, can you name interesting places to visit in or near Lancaster. I know it's not very well known.
Thanks.
Hi Anon,
The town is definitely not the most diverse place, and the majority of diversity does come from the university students, which is particular has a large international community. Although it may not be as diverse as you're used to, I don't think it will be difficult to connect with other muslim students at all, particularly through the Islamic Society or in the Islamic prayer spaces.
In terms of places to visit, the essentials are:
- Williamson Park
- Lune Aqueduct
- Morecambe Bay
- Preston/Manchester (for restaurants and shopping)
- Day trip to Lake Windemere (you can even hire boats).
Give them all a quick Google. There's a lot more than that but those are the must sees!
Hope this is useful and let me know if you have anymore questions or anything I can help you with.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hi Anon,
The town is definitely not the most diverse place, and the majority of diversity does come from the university students, which is particular has a large international community. Although it may not be as diverse as you're used to, I don't think it will be difficult to connect with other muslim students at all, particularly through the Islamic Society or in the Islamic prayer spaces.
In terms of places to visit, the essentials are:
- Williamson Park
- Lune Aqueduct
- Morecambe Bay
- Preston/Manchester (for restaurants and shopping)
- Day trip to Lake Windemere (you can even hire boats).
Give them all a quick Google. There's a lot more than that but those are the must sees!
Hope this is useful and let me know if you have anymore questions or anything I can help you with.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Oh wow. Thats interesting. And I will search up these palces. Thank you ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜
Anonymous #1
(Original post by An1092)
Hey mate, Iโ€™ll be going Lancaster in 2020. I think university is quiet diverse but Lancaster itself isnโ€™t.
Oh hey that's cool! Same! And yes i thought so.
An1092
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Damn. what course you doing?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by An1092)
Damn. what course you doing?
Law. Wbu?
An1092
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Sports science, add my Snapchat timmyt-007
YKKhan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
yes now. law gang and that gm
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by YKKhan)
yes now. law gang and that gm
Yasss
hiqbal2001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Thanks.
Hi there,

The university itself is quite diverse with an established Islamic Society on Campus. As one of the execs, I can definitely say you will definitely not be alone (there's over 100 members, including PhD students with families living with them).

With regards to places to visit, there's Morecambe Bay and the Lake District - both not too far outside of Lancaster. Inside Lancaster, there's Williamson Park, Lancaster Castle and St Nics Arcade.

If you need any more information about the ISOC or any general questions - feel free to message me or email me (whatever you prefer); you can also contact us via. Instagram @Lancsisoc.

Hibah
Last edited by hiqbal2001; 10 months ago
Anonymous #2
Report 10 months ago
Why not go to a uni in your own country?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
England is my country
user454346y543r
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
FOOL
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by user454346y543r)
FOOL
Literally ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜’
PhD20
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Lancaster is not a very diverse city, but there is a small Muslim community. There is a mosque on Dallas Road, I think.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (227)
43.32%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.07%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (40)
7.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (112)
21.37%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (59)
11.26%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.34%

Watched Threads