Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey so are there many muslims in Lancaster? I'm only asking because I am muslim from a very diverse city and just curious as I might study there. Also, is it a diverse city? Also, can you name interesting places to visit in or near Lancaster. I know it's not very well known.
Thanks.
Ghostlady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not sure on the diversity and how many numbers, but my daughters going this year and currently chatting to people of all cultures in her study subject on line, there's about 50 in her physics group so far of all cultures
You have the lakes, Morecambe sea front, Ashcroft memorial, Lancaster castle, St Nics arcade and Marketgate with the shops. A lot of students like the train to Preston/Manchester and also trip up to Edinburgh too. Then there are the canal ways you can walk. A lot of the students live in the city too.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ghostlady)
Not sure on the diversity and how many numbers, but my daughters going this year and currently chatting to people of all cultures in her study subject on line, there's about 50 in her physics group so far of all cultures
You have the lakes, Morecambe sea front, Ashcroft memorial, Lancaster castle, St Nics arcade and Marketgate with the shops. A lot of students like the train to Preston/Manchester and also trip up to Edinburgh too. Then there are the canal ways you can walk. A lot of the students live in the city too.
I don't think Lancaster is a very diverse city. And oh wow! That sounds rlly nice! Thanks for the suggestions! 😃😊
An1092
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey mate, I’ll be going Lancaster in 2020. I think university is quiet diverse but Lancaster itself isn’t.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey so are there many muslims in Lancaster? I'm only asking because I am muslim from a very diverse city and just curious as I might study there. Also, is it a diverse city? Also, can you name interesting places to visit in or near Lancaster. I know it's not very well known.
Thanks.
Hi Anon,
The town is definitely not the most diverse place, and the majority of diversity does come from the university students, which is particular has a large international community. Although it may not be as diverse as you're used to, I don't think it will be difficult to connect with other muslim students at all, particularly through the Islamic Society or in the Islamic prayer spaces.
In terms of places to visit, the essentials are:
- Williamson Park
- Lune Aqueduct
- Morecambe Bay
- Preston/Manchester (for restaurants and shopping)
- Day trip to Lake Windemere (you can even hire boats).
Give them all a quick Google. There's a lot more than that but those are the must sees!
Hope this is useful and let me know if you have anymore questions or anything I can help you with.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hi Anon,
The town is definitely not the most diverse place, and the majority of diversity does come from the university students, which is particular has a large international community. Although it may not be as diverse as you're used to, I don't think it will be difficult to connect with other muslim students at all, particularly through the Islamic Society or in the Islamic prayer spaces.
In terms of places to visit, the essentials are:
- Williamson Park
- Lune Aqueduct
- Morecambe Bay
- Preston/Manchester (for restaurants and shopping)
- Day trip to Lake Windemere (you can even hire boats).
Give them all a quick Google. There's a lot more than that but those are the must sees!
Hope this is useful and let me know if you have anymore questions or anything I can help you with.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Oh wow. Thats interesting. And I will search up these palces. Thank you 😃😁
Anonymous #1
(Original post by An1092)
Hey mate, I’ll be going Lancaster in 2020. I think university is quiet diverse but Lancaster itself isn’t.
Oh hey that's cool! Same! And yes i thought so.
An1092
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Damn. what course you doing?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by An1092)
Damn. what course you doing?
Law. Wbu?
An1092
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Sports science, add my Snapchat timmyt-007
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (38)
20.99%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (45)
24.86%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (29)
16.02%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (39)
21.55%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (16)
8.84%
I haven't started researching yet (14)
7.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed