The Student Room Group

Mixed Signals

I have this mad 3 year crush in this girl. On the first year I was so focused on education I realised this crush distracted me from revision and learning in general, so I made a mistake of asking her out(She didn't know anything about me at the time) in my brain, I thought that I would save time by being rejected, moving on and putting my of that time into education. :biggrin: ohh boy was I wrong, GCSE flew noice, but came A-levels, I didn't even know we were going to the same sixth form, but as soon as I saw her it was game over for plans to "move on", I used all my brain ability and created a master plan that worked, I became friends with her friends, made a gc talked with them there, they invited her, we became friends, we know each other quite personal stuff etc. But after GCSE, her friends keep pushing the narrative of me asking her out, but she always says "not my type" meanwhile getting heart broken by fuсk boys. In current time, she openly speaks about her struggles and personal issues to me, sometimes even flirting. I am completely lost , did I get super friend zoned or is she considering the possibility and those are some "signs" that I am clearly missing. Keep in mind, she knows 100% that I still got feeling for her, but continues to lead me on, so I keep thinking there is hope :/ Thank you in advance <3
She probably sees you as a friend and doesn’t realise that your there for her and generally care.
Maybe space yourself from her and maybe she’ll realise that she does like you.
Idk if that’s helpful
Just don’t let her lead you on
And maybe try seeing other girls
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Just don’t let her lead you on
And maybe try seeing other girls

I aint particularly a "player" . People get shocked when I tell them I only had 2 crushes my whole life, my standards are bare minimum. I just hate the idea of "Trying girls" until you find the right one. I know the reason why, but nothing I can do about it. I tried looking at other girls, and there was even a period when I haven't seen her for weeks, and thought of moving on, but every time we meet again its a never ending cycle
I aint particularly a "player" . People get shocked when I tell them I only had 2 crushes my whole life, my standards are bare minimum. I just hate the idea of "Trying girls" until you find the right one. I know the reason why, but nothing I can do about it. I tried looking at other girls, and there was even a period when I haven't seen her for weeks, and thought of moving on, but every time we meet again its a never ending cycle

I understand thattt so much 😂
Maybe she knows that it’s a cycle too and thinks you’ll always go back to her.

But you don’t even have to date anyone you could just become friends with a girl which is harmless and you get a friend 😂

Your crush might be jealous and realise that she wants you.

You can’t keep torturing yourself by being with her cause you’re the only one getting hurt.

And the worst pain is having a crush on your friend who don’t have those feelings for u.
Reply 5
I understand thattt so much 😂
Maybe she knows that it’s a cycle too and thinks you’ll always go back to her.

But you don’t even have to date anyone you could just become friends with a girl which is harmless and you get a friend 😂

Your crush might be jealous and realise that she wants you.

You can’t keep torturing yourself by being with her cause you’re the only one getting hurt.

And the worst pain is having a crush on your friend who don’t have those feelings for u.

well, I figured this quarantine is perfect for me. The only boy she talks to rn is me, as far as I know. So as soon as this stuff lifts off, imma make a move, if it happens good, if not I will just get depressed and submerge into study, which in my opinion aint that bad, I will put 100% into education and achieve good grades.
well, I figured this quarantine is perfect for me. The only boy she talks to rn is me, as far as I know. So as soon as this stuff lifts off, imma make a move, if it happens good, if not I will just get depressed and submerge into study, which in my opinion aint that bad, I will put 100% into education and achieve good grades.

Well that sounds like a great plan 😂
Accept the depressed bit lmao

If she says no yes you’ll feel sad but you’re only young and have many more years to find someone else.

And if you do get sad ICECREAM :smile:
Reply 7
Well that sounds like a great plan 😂
Accept the depressed bit lmao

If she says no yes you’ll feel sad but you’re only young and have many more years to find someone else.

And if you do get sad ICECREAM :smile:

Ice cream is a plan B, if everything goes south 😂 😂
Ice cream is a plan B, if everything goes south 😂 😂

Ice cream always makes things better 😂
AND NETFLIXXXXXXXXX
And literally just food in general ngl 😂
Original post by Niamh2005
Ice cream always makes things better 😂
AND NETFLIXXXXXXXXX
And literally just food in general ngl 😂

NETLIXXXXX?? Nah that stuff is a waste of money :biggrin: Seeing your bank account shrink every month will only make you more depressed😂😂😂
Original post by daniksafin
NETLIXXXXX?? Nah that stuff is a waste of money :biggrin: Seeing your bank account shrink every month will only make you more depressed😂😂😂

Well I’m lucky I’m not the one paying for it 😂
Orrrr myflixer 😂
BUT LIKE NETFLIX HAS FRIENDS AND ITS ALWAYS SUNNY AND SITCOMS AND YEH 😂
AANDDDD AMERICAN HORROR STORIES
AND BRITISH SHOWSSSSSSSSS
Well I’m lucky I’m not the one paying for it 😂
Orrrr myflixer 😂
BUT LIKE NETFLIX HAS FRIENDS AND ITS ALWAYS SUNNY AND SITCOMS AND YEH 😂
AANDDDD AMERICAN HORROR STORIES
AND BRITISH SHOWSSSSSSSSS

I LOVE FRIENDS xD, by far the best American show I've ever seen. Luckily for me I got my own ways of watching these shows without suffocating my finances :biggrin:
I LOVE FRIENDS xD, by far the best American show I've ever seen. Luckily for me I got my own ways of watching these shows without suffocating my finances :biggrin:

Haha 😂
YES FRIENDS IS AMAZING
ngl I have an obsession 😂
I have no finances 😂
Haha 😂
YES FRIENDS IS AMAZING
ngl I have an obsession 😂
I have no finances 😂

If you wanna talk more about friends and shows, we can take the convo into dms. I don't wanna flood this thread with the Nerdiness of shows :biggrin:
If you wanna talk more about friends and shows, we can take the convo into dms. I don't wanna flood this thread with the Nerdiness of shows :biggrin:

Yeeeeeeee we can 😂
I have the student room app so it doesn’t let me dm on here idk why but I’ll go on the website 😂

As a girl that is soooooo refreshing to hear you don't need to change you at all if you only like this girl thats fine if she doesn't see you that way then that is her problem just keep being you! Also I've only ever had 2 cruches so I think that is quite normal.
I talked to one of those crushes for 3 years and he always led me on(and to be fair I let him) and we would end up in an endless cycle so just don't keep being sucked in :redface:( which is easier said than done I know) because it is more damaging to you than you think. Probably the best thing to do is just talk to her and be 100% honest even though she knows you like her it might be an idea to clear the air and talk about it.
As a girl that is soooooo refreshing to hear you don't need to change you at all if you only like this girl thats fine if she doesn't see you that way then that is her problem just keep being you! Also I've only ever had 2 cruches so I think that is quite normal.
I talked to one of those crushes for 3 years and he always led me on(and to be fair I let him) and we would end up in an endless cycle so just don't keep being sucked in :redface:( which is easier said than done I know) because it is more damaging to you than you think. Probably the best thing to do is just talk to her and be 100% honest even though she knows you like her it might be an idea to clear the air and talk about it.

Ahhh thank you, that's very nice to hear. I am glad I am no the only one who thinks like that :smile:. I wish you all the best, don't get stuck in those loops
Ahhh thank you, that's very nice to hear. I am glad I am no the only one who thinks like that :smile:. I wish you all the best, don't get stuck in those loops

Thanks you too! Just keep your head up and as everyone has been saying have icecream on standby :h:.
Thanks you too! Just keep your head up and as everyone has been saying have icecream on standby :h:.

Yep, gonna stock up in ice cream in preparation for the doomsday :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending