Turn on thread page Beta

please annon or delete sing bf uses this sometimes

right me and the boy have been going out for 1 year and 9 months
    we had a break around September to December when we were applying so didn't make any plans to go together. (on a break cos he fancied someone else and didnt want him to cheat on me so i broke it off)
    he didn't do anything with the girl and we got back together.
    Now we are leaving and we always said we weren't gona go out, on my part because i thought if i didn't put any pressure on him he would want to stay with me cos we love each other (or so i thought)
    and now i don't get that feeling from him at all
    he said it's mainly the distance, he's going to Newcastle and I'm going to Sheffield, and he saus it's added stress.
    But i love him so much that if he asked me whenever to keep us going i'd say yes in an instant, where as when i've kinda questioned him about it he says he wont.

So i've been getting really upset cos i don't feel he loves me and if he really doesnt i want him to say so we can break it off now
    And i tried talking to him and he either says 'no we cant talk about this!'
    or like this morning when i tried to talk to him he said he had nothing to say about the situation.
    I really feel like i love him more than he loves me and i dont want to be in a relationship like that, it feels like iv always chased him etc even though in the early days he chased me and when we broke up he wanted to get back together.
    i just dont know what to do, cos he wont talk about it to me properly and has no response to what i say to him about my feelings.
    And all he does now is go on facebook and talk to girls he's living with/on his course and i know he needs to meet new people but i didnt think it would happen so soon and i thought hed want to spend time with me and his friends cos we wont see him for 4 months or so until christmas. But all he talks about is what girl said this and what he's gona do and etc and i cant see me fitting in at all. He said we'd visit each other and when i asked him to a gig in sheffield he said 'its too far to see a band' and i guess too far to see me too

I just feel really lost and let down and wonder why i've spent this year and a bit with him if this was how it was going to be. he has amazing qualities at times but he doesnt ever know how to make me feel better/comfort me in anyway.

Any help would be nice. Am i being a fool or should i try talking to him again?

ReputationRep:
    I would guess he is just being a typical bloke, trying to hide his emotions

ReputationRep:
    Agreed with the above - to be honest with you, he is just being a 'typical bloke', but try try try to chat to him; if you try very hard, blokes eventually will talk.

(Then again with me, I'm usually the one who initiates these talks. I'm open with my emotions and feelings most of the time I'd say)

it sounds awful but i really just want to say to him we either give it a go and see if we work or we break it off now
    but so mmuch of me wants these last few weeks to be amazing but i feel really ignored and just pushed aside, i knew it would happen when we got there and he wouldt ring me or text me but it's happening now and being the stubborn girl i am i dont want it to. i want him all to myself i know im a horrible person
    i also know a lot of long distance relationships dont work but i want to give it a try now and feel like im just too late

ReputationRep:
    it sound like he doesnt thing a LDR will work
    i think he is trying to distance himself from u so that it hurts less when he breaks it off. he might be trying to be kind by doing this altho it wont work out that way. hope thats not the case for u. sry

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.