The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Interea
I almost want to be re-interviewed now just so I know that they're not sitting on my finalised offer/rejection for a week :rolleyes:

That thought actually occurred to me haha. Then again it would mean EVERYTHING resting on that extra interview. I'm pretty sure reinterviews are rare.
Original post by thorpo
That thought actually occurred to me haha. Then again it would mean EVERYTHING resting on that extra interview. I'm pretty sure reinterviews are rare.

I hope so, I haven't done difficult maths in a month now so I would absolutely flop another interview right now :colondollar:
Original post by Interea
I hope so, I haven't done difficult maths in a month now so I would absolutely flop another interview right now :colondollar:

Absolutely.
Original post by Interea

Absolutely, me too. The most annoying thing about the waiting is the fact I've managed to convince myself of so many different outcomes
Whoops, the mobile app did something weird there.
Original post by thorpo
Absolutely, me too. The most annoying thing about the waiting is the fact I've managed to convince myself of so many different outcomes

Same, I've convinced myself I'm going to Warwick but I haven't yet convinced myself I'm going to Warwick (if that makes any sense :lol:)
Original post by Interea
Same, I've convinced myself I'm going to Warwick but I haven't yet convinced myself I'm going to Warwick (if that makes any sense :lol:)

I'll see you there! Or maybe I won't. Or maybe I will. Either way 11 days is too long to wait!!
Original post by thorpo
Anyone else getting nervous for the 25th??

Me! Either way I would just like to know now. I can't get it out my head
Is there much point practising using STEP 2 papers <2014? I've heard that they're a lot easier than the newer ones and I don't want to spend so much time on the old ones only to find out they hardly helped with the new ones when I could have spent my time practising using something else.
Original post by thorpo
Anyone else getting nervous for the 25th??

Yeah a bit...
Yep super nervous for 25th ....sometimes I think it went well.... sometimes I think it was below par.... I’m just so confused and the fact that the outcome is already in Cambridge somewhere just scares me.... best of luck everyone... hopefully I pray to god that I’m back here in 10 days asking for step 3 prep help
Anyone else finding it hard to be motivated to practice for step atm? If I don't get a Cambridge offer I can't even sit step, but I guess it is good A level practice anyway. Well, good practice for 'mocks' or whatever is going to happen with exams.
Original post by richmaths
Anyone else finding it hard to be motivated to practice for step atm? If I don't get a Cambridge offer I can't even sit step, but I guess it is good A level practice anyway. Well, good practice for 'mocks' or whatever is going to happen with exams.

I’m doing nothing to be honest, I’ll practise if I get an offer but otherwise I’m not going to bother, only Cambridge needs it and there’s plenty of time between the 25th and exam time

Yes me too, it just feels like it’s going to be useless if I overdo it/ prioritise it over a levels.
Original post by Interea
I’m doing nothing to be honest, I’ll practise if I get an offer but otherwise I’m not going to bother, only Cambridge needs it and there’s plenty of time between the 25th and exam time

Step is definitely useful, for uni maths, but for me anyway it’s a choice between like maximising a level or doing step
Original post by WassupLadz
Step is definitely useful, for uni maths, but for me anyway it’s a choice between like maximising a level or doing step

True, I did go to uni (briefly!) for maths before and STEP would have been massively overkill for the level of that course, but I guess my options this time would probably benefit from a little maths beyond basic A level haha
Original post by Interea

Okay I'm glad to hear others feel the same.

STEP is a very good preparation for university level maths. So even if you are not going to Cambridge it will help wherever you go!
Original post by Interea
My anxiety is slowly being replaced by annoyed impatience at this point to be honest haha

Facts.
Original post by Anti-Covid19
STEP is a very good preparation for university level maths. So even if you are not going to Cambridge it will help wherever you go!

Yeah of course it is, it's just because I keep having A Level mocks (online :/) and if they are contributing to my teacher assessed grade they feel so much more important and I need to prioritise them. If I get the offer though, I'll just do both ofc.
Yeah of course it is, it's just because I keep having A Level mocks (online :/) and if they are contributing to my teacher assessed grade they feel so much more important and I need to prioritise them. If I get the offer though, I'll just do both ofc.

Yh true... that’s what I’m doing. I’m not avoiding step or saying that I’ll only do step if I get an offer, I’m just prioritising a levels cuz of the insecurity on how a levels are being done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending