Suggest ideas to improve my appearance. Watch

Calumcalum
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
OH MY GOSH just seen your profile and you like Delirious and the Bible!

1 Samuel 16:7 - "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

If there's one thing God wants you to care about least, it's how you look. Seek comfort in him, not guys, my dear child
manderlay in flames
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Much less or different makeup- it's not working, you need to somehow either change your hair/face colour or learn to compliment it with clothing and jewellery
Mastermind`
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
Guys, what do you like a girl to wear?
Nothing.

I'd take you as you are. And teach you a thing or two. I think you look fine. You're drillable..well more than drillable. Even the brows don't bother me.

In conclusion, I would. And that's coming from me. I'm a MAN with very high standards. :yep:
AnnyRoquentin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just be confident in yourself.
in_vogue
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think you need to change your make-up. It doesn't suit your complexion (in my opinion). A pale brownish red lipstick would look good on you, or maybe a very subdued/delicate pink colour - not neon pink! The silver eyeshadow should also be changed - try browns, and dark brown eyeliner.
When you next get your eyebrows done, try a different shape? Hair wise, I think you'd look good going darker, get it cut shoulder length with some layers maybe?
allieRAWR!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Erm, all the advice posted so for is generally crap...IMO of course

I think it's awful how you're beating yourself up. You're not ugly and shouldn't feel as though you need to change yourself. You're an attractive girl and I'm really sure have a great personality. Yeah there is probably truth in some of the general make-up, hair etc stuff posted here, but, you aren't ugly, and that's NOT the problem that needs addressing. Commonly, I think the problem lies in confidence alone and with high pressured society nowadays on young women it's to be expected. Why do you need a man? Why do you need one to validate yourself? Do you not feel confident enough to just be you? I think rather then relying on a man to validate you, you should validate yourself; do things you want to do, dress how you want to. And stop beating yourself up. Just, put yourself first and believe you deserve to.

Argh, sorry if this is full on feminist kind stuff, I'mm been listing to alot of Kathleen Hanna (do that too OP )
manderlay in flames
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^^ I loled
JustTalk
Report 10 years ago
Lol, well a gay guy I also kissed recently told me I was a good kisser, as do others. I will consider it anyway. Yeah I guess my eyebrows really do need sorting prior to going to uni, but the place I go never takes enough off them so I tend to hack until there is enough eyebrow gone.

To all thanks so far, any more suggestions?

First of my list is sorting my eyebrows.

Why were you kissing a gay guy..?

Be confident! Go to a hairdresser and have a make over. Buy nice outfits (but not too skanky) and rock in them! Don't appear desperate. You'll be fine
cheese_fondue
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
pink doesn't suit your hair color (pink and red hair - nono). nice hair (like the colour a lot!!!), the eyebrows need HELP.

don't kiss around, makes you look like you're not girlfriend material.
emmarainbow
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Aw, OP - you're really pretty!

I have nothing to say on your appearance at all, you look fine! :yep:

Also, woo for gay guys saying you're a good kisser... Not that that's ever happened to me! :ninja:

I have a standard response to 'I can't get into a relationship! Why?' and it is this podcast: http://polyweekly.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=347400

Seriously, it's personableness, confidence and all that that'll make people want to get with you. You just need a mental makeover of feel-good-about-yourself!
layla_1234
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Eyebrows, grow back if possible! The rest is fine, apart from bright pink....
tradingmyheartforyours
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Awwww... guys thanks for the feedback.. so far I have realised:
1. Need to grow my eyebrows.
2. Dye and cut hair, intend to book appointment later this week...and get sonme layers.
3. I also need to get tan..
4. Find colours that suit me instead of going for bright pink..

Anymore advice is welcomed, please be negative instead of just going with what I would like to hear.. I have no rep power so **** me of without fear.:yep:
xsehx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am really depressed at the moment and feeling ugly. Guys always kiss me etc then make excuses later not to go into a relationship - granted many guys I kiss are actually in relationships (which I find out later from other peope) but even today I was stilted and I feel like rubbish.

So to help me sustain a guy's interest, give me ideas to make my ugly self feel prettier. I feel disgusting and must look it, I am almost crying.

Tell me what colours I would suit etc.

Guys, what do you like a girl to wear?
Also tsrers give me ideas for my hair e.g. dye, cut, style etc.

Give both positive and negative criticism as long as it is constructive.

Help me.
I like your hair colour tbh.

I think ur eyes are very pretty too, a lovely colour!
Just work on your confidence! Beauty comes from within!

Thought it was about time you had a few positive messages...
Rokit
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by allieRAWR!)
Erm, all the advice posted so for is generally crap...IMO of course

I think it's awful how you're beating yourself up. You're not ugly and shouldn't feel as though you need to change yourself. You're an attractive girl and I'm really sure have a great personality. Yeah there is probably truth in some of the general make-up, hair etc stuff posted here, but, you aren't ugly, and that's NOT the problem that needs addressing. Commonly, I think the problem lies in confidence alone and with high pressured society nowadays on young women it's to be expected. Why do you need a man? Why do you need one to validate yourself? Do you not feel confident enough to just be you? I think rather then relying on a man to validate you, you should validate yourself; do things you want to do, dress how you want to. And stop beating yourself up. Just, put yourself first and believe you deserve to.

Argh, sorry if this is full on feminist kind stuff, I'mm been listing to alot of Kathleen Hanna (do that too OP )
DITTO

There is nothing wrong with the way you look. However it does show that you have messed about with your eyebrows so stop.

You need to work on your confidence. The fact that you are kissing 3 guys in one night might mean that you feel doing that would help with getting a boyfriend but it just makes things worse

You need to gain confidence in yourself and your abilities before you start wondering what other people would like
Rokit
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
2. Dye and cut hair, intend to book appointment later this week...and get sonme layers.

Anymore advice is welcomed, please be negative instead of just going with what I would like to hear.. I have no rep power so **** me of without fear.:yep:
A) You dont need a tan. Your look is unique. If you want to look like everyone else with straightened hair and tan then go ahead
B) You dont need to dye you hair

You want to find ideas that complement your look not alter it

But first of all you have to look in the mirror and realise that you are beautiful girl. Until you do that, nothing else will really help
emmarainbow
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't die your hair!!! It's beautiful! :eek: Go somewhere nice and ask them what would look best for you, they'll set you up good, and if you ask for a student you can get it cheap.

I meant what I said - you're pretty! I don't wanna **** you off cos tain't true!

Listen to the podcast - if you want advice, listen to the ways you can improve the way you approach people and so on, that'll be much more likely to get you to pull in a more permanent way.

Seriously, it was getting confidence in myself that got people hitting on me, none of that appearance stuff.
cheese_fondue
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
don't dye your hair, it's gorgeous!!!! and don't get a tan, your skin's gorgeous too! just grow back your eyebrows and stay away from pink
ElectricOceans
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by AnnyRoquentin)
Just be confident in yourself.
:yep: I agree.
ThisCantBeChanged
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
grow your eyebrows back and get a haircut, layers or something
in_vogue
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

You are definitely pretty, but I understand sometimes you can just get sick of your look and need a change. Good luck with it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads