Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    No I started when I was 9. I had that thing when I was 12 or 13.
    Okay then, that was my whole point. simple case of misunderstanding

It was normal for you to have irregular period at that age, since the cycles doesn't become regular till 2 years (avg) after it's beginning. this can be longer if it starts at an early age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lithium)
    You had that before you even reached menarche? i.e. before you even began having your periods? Thats odd.

also not having period for about 3 months after reaching menarche is considered amenorrhoea ( secondary amenorrhoea to be exact) and yes it is normal in the first coupld of years to be irregular but i wouldnt say no need to get it checked out.

ReputationRep:
    The best way I can explain it, is probably the when it's periods, I always have awful stomach cramps and feel the blood sort of moving around, but this time it's more just like actual bleeding.

ReputationRep:
    Okay then, that was my whole point. simple case of misunderstanding

It was normal for you to have irregular period at that age, since the cycles doesn't become regular till 2 years (avg) after it's beginning. this can be longer if it starts at an early age.

R ryt got ya

ReputationRep:
    lithium what year are you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roma1987)
    also not having period for about 3 months after reaching menarche is considered amenorrhoea ( secondary amenorrhoea to be exact) and yes it is normal in the first coupld of years to be irregular but i wouldnt say no need to get it checked out.
    it's not an indication for any kind of diagnostic tests, unless there are other symptoms to suggest an underlying pathological origin.

ReputationRep:
    lithium what year are you in?
    I am doing my MD in the US, so it's quite different than the UK, I am entering my 2nd year, but have 4 years total under my belt

How is that relevant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisrubbish)
    The best way I can explain it, is probably the when it's periods, I always have awful stomach cramps and feel the blood sort of moving around, but this time it's more just like actual bleeding.
    if you are loosing a lot of blood, that would be my major concern. As was suggest by roam, drink plenty of water--but that does NOT mean you can postpone your visit to the doctor. If you start feeling dizzy/light headed you might want to go to the A&E...although i really can't see it happening, it's worth mentioning since you keep saying that the bleeding is heavy.

ReputationRep:
    it's not an indication for any kind of diagnostic tests, unless there are other symptoms to suggest an underlying pathological origin.
    well should still get a check up! not necessarily tests though but sometimes you do for any obstructions.

i was just wondering because i could tell you were from north america, my cousins are doing medicne from north america too actually 4 of them!

ReputationRep:
    well should still get a check up! not necessarily tests though but sometimes you do for any obstructions.

i was just wondering because i could tell you were from north america, my cousins are doing medicne from north america too actually 4 of them!
    sure, a checkup, perhaps on her routine checkup, where a routine question is "has she started her periods" and "are they regular" etc....

how could you tell i was from NA? and what year are you in?

ReputationRep:
    sure, a checkup, perhaps on her routine checkup, where a routine question is "has she started her periods" and "are they regular" etc....

how could you tell i was from NA? and what year are you in?

i guess we will have to agree to disagree!

i can tell from the way you 'speak' its very NA i cant explain it but i can just always tell when people are from there because of the difference between me and my cousins.

Im going into my 3rd year now.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, just to let you know I haven't got any medical attention but feel fine and phoned NHS 24 and they said to phone if I feel worse, I am still bleeding buckets though

ReputationRep:
    the fact that you are bleeding alot and are worried about it is enough to try and get some medical attention!

just get an appointment as soon as possible.

has the amount of blood changes at all?

ReputationRep:
    No still similar, much more clotty though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.