roaccutane alternatives

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Does anyone know what dermatologist will prescribe for acne if you can’t go on roaccutane or don’t want to go on that because of all the side effects? I have tried antibiotics and gels all my life and it has helped them a little bit still find myself waking up with spots but don’t want to take roaccutane so is there a cream or something just as effective?
Milkandcookiess
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm on roaccutane now, its super concentrated vitamin A so I don't think there's many things as strong as that. the things they prescribed before were just antibiotics, but they don't really help feel free to ask me any questions about roaccutane though ^^
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Milkandcookiess)
I'm on roaccutane now, its super concentrated vitamin A so I don't think there's many things as strong as that. the things they prescribed before were just antibiotics, but they don't really help feel free to ask me any questions about roaccutane though ^^
Sorry about the late reply I have been on antibiotics and stuff and they just made it worse but I have been denied roaccutane because of a failed blood test for something being too high or something, I heard there is a cream version of roaccutane or something or is there something similar? I have also been told if you get denied accutane they will just offer you antibiotics again as there is nothing else but I don’t know which to believe anymore.
Milkandcookiess
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Sorry about the late reply I have been on antibiotics and stuff and they just made it worse but I have been denied roaccutane because of a failed blood test for something being too high or something, I heard there is a cream version of roaccutane or something or is there something similar? I have also been told if you get denied accutane they will just offer you antibiotics again as there is nothing else but I don’t know which to believe anymore.
Yes I took my blood test and they didn't find anything so I'm on it. I'll try do some research about other alternatives today if you like If you don't mind telling me whether your suffering from bad scars or not, its okay if you want to PM me instead ^^
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Milkandcookiess)
Yes I took my blood test and they didn't find anything so I'm on it. I'll try do some research about other alternatives today if you like If you don't mind telling me whether your suffering from bad scars or not, its okay if you want to PM me instead ^^
You took your own blood test lol? so I could do that maybe? and my acne isn’t as bad anymore as I’m constantly applying creams to maintain it but I don’t want to be doing that for another year or 2 years etc, I have scars yeah on my back and face and thanks ✌️
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
I have heard about retinoid cream but i have never seen it or been on it. If you are turned down for Accutane they will most likely recommend another cream or antibiotic so how many have you been on already?
Anonymous #1
4 antibiotics and a few well known creams
bettinakovacs
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Does anyone know what dermatologist will prescribe for acne if you can’t go on roaccutane or don’t want to go on that because of all the side effects? I have tried antibiotics and gels all my life and it has helped them a little bit still find myself waking up with spots but don’t want to take roaccutane so is there a cream or something just as effective?
Hello there, I have been on roaccutane for more than 5 years. I have no side effects at all (okay, my lips are dry but that's basically it).
Have you tried it before ? Or have you juts read stuff about it ?
The thing with all medications is that everybody's body reacts in a different way. Some might have side effects, some not. Some will be able to take it for life, some not. Roaccutane works pretty fast, you will be able to see major changes on your skin within a week or so. I'd suggest you to take it for a week and see how you feel about it.
The internet doesn't have very positive feedback about roaccutane but I can tell you that I have been taking it for a long time and its the only thing that has been working for me. I have PCOS so acne would come back after a few months off the medication. For me, its the ultimate alternative to birth control pills (they never worked and I'm done with trying what side effects will arise with another pill).
As my internist says, "we don't change a winning team". If it works, you can always take it. I will be taking it for a long time, but with low dosage.

Feel free to ask me any questions !
Good luck
Last edited by bettinakovacs; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (35)
21.08%
No (131)
78.92%

Watched Threads