MA Integrative psychotherapy at Roehampton - interview and application

Watch
Broadbean66
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I applied for the MA in May after the virtual open day. I am through to the interview stage, or so I'm told by phone. Having inquired last Friday again they told me my interview won't take place until August now. The person I spoke to was very cagey about the process. They left me with the impression that they've allocated most of the places (20??) and I would just be on the waiting list. Does anyone have insights? I know some of the people on the forum have been offered places for Sept 2020. By when did you have to accept?
Sandra04
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi everyone,I will also interview for this MA in 3 days, I found this really helpful so thank you all for sharing!Could someone maybe elaborate what is meant by therapeutic lens? Someone brought it up as an example question (through which therapeutic lens do you view the world). Does it refer to the different therapeutic approaches or more broadly for example in an optimistic/pessimistic way etc?Thank you in advance
MLP21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Sandra04 I hope your interview went well - I was wondering what you did for the written reflective exercise - did you write about your experiences of counselling skills in a helping capacity or on your experience of counselling as a client? Many thanks!
JLD14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hello! Have you applied for the MA for this year? I just handed in the reflective essay on Thursday. I put in a bit of my own therapy experience and my profession too. Have you got the interview this Friday the 16th at 1:30 pm?
Sandra04
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by MLP21)
Hi Sandra04 I hope your interview went well - I was wondering what you did for the written reflective exercise - did you write about your experiences of counselling skills in a helping capacity or on your experience of counselling as a client? Many thanks!
Hi there, I checked with the university and they said it was okay to write about my experience as a client, as my experience in a helping position would have been very limited. I had a group interview and we will hear back next week. Fingers crossed! Good luck to you too.
JLD14
Rep:
?
Report 2 hours ago
(Original post by Sandra04)
Hi there, I checked with the university and they said it was okay to write about my experience as a client, as my experience in a helping position would have been very limited. I had a group interview and we will hear back next week. Fingers crossed! Good luck to you too.
Hello, I was meant to have my interview the same day as you actually but it was sent into my junk mail and I kept looking at the portal. Anyway mine is on Friday, do you have any advice for it? What were the group questions about? I am quite behind with knowledge but I am so keen to do this course. Any help would be amazing. Thank you
MLP21
Rep:
?
Report 52 minutes ago
(Original post by Sandra04)
Thanks for your reply Sandra04- fingers crossed for you!
Hi JLD14, I have my group interview on Friday too but at an earlier time. I am not sure of the format... but good luck
JLD14
Rep:
?
Report 31 minutes ago
(Original post by MLP21)
Thanks for your reply Sandra04- fingers crossed for you!
Hi JLD14, I have my group interview on Friday too but at an earlier time. I am not sure of the format... but good luck
Hi MLP21 - I assumed every interview on the day was the same time as its a group! They must have a lot of applicants! I am pretty nervous, not usually good with group situations. Good luck to you too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (133)
43.32%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (45)
14.66%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (123)
40.07%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (6)
1.95%

Watched Threads