Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My dad's always drinking in the house, is this bad?

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with it, unless you're an alcoholic in which case it's time to stop.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why you'd want to get drunk alone, unless you're genuinely that bored. I'd rather do something constructive and releive my boredom than sit there getting pissed and watching re-runs on Dave, sounds a bit dull!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfghjkl123456789)
    so being bored in my house and drinking a half litre of vodka, when i'm in a perfectly healthy state of mind before drinking, is this acceptable?
    George Thorogood certainly doesn't see anything wrong with it. I'm inclined to agree with him.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all, I just think it becomes a problem when people start drinking alone as a way to combat other underlying problems. That's not really how alcohol works :P

ReputationRep:
    theresw nothing wr4ong with ti! ****SDSAnakl

ReputationRep:
    If you get really drunk when your alone, who's going to call the ambulance when you trip over and smash your head on the bathroom floor while your taking a leak?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's abit sad to be honest, you drink to have fun right?
    but what fun are you going to have getting waisted alone?
    well, that's only my opinion on the topic anyway.

ReputationRep:
    But, how does getting really drunk make you feel good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lidskoo)
    but what fun are you going to have getting waisted alone?
    I got really drunk & read the Cambridge section of The Prelude once. It was ****ing incredible.

ReputationRep:
    cancel the last reply!!! i have somebody to reply to!!!
    lidskoo; you can have loads of fun. they are saying alcohol's a depressent, i don't know, but i find it great to relax, and lie on my floor, head spinning, feeling a bit euphoric, putting some music on, finding my stupid thoughts while drunk really funny, finding everything funny.
    why's it so sad to alter your state of mind to a more enjoyable one alone?
    Why use alcohol to make you happy? It's a depresent. It'll only higher your risk of gaining a problem with alcohol. Especialy if you use it as a gateway to a happier state of mind.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather be out with friends getting drunk...

I think if you happen to be drinking alone and then suddenly think, "Oh ****, I'm actually quite tipsy!" then fine. But being on your own and actually intentionally getting bladdered? Not cool.

ReputationRep:
    why not ring up a mate, get them round and get drunk together.
    Or...hit the pub.
    It just seems a bit unsociable. Drinking is seen as a social thing, so why do it on your own.
    Saying that, if i have an empty house and everyone is busy i've been known to rent a dvd and down a few glasses of wine while watching it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kjc_us)
    I'd rather be out with friends getting drunk...

I think if you happen to be drinking alone and then suddenly think, "Oh ****, I'm actually quite tipsy!" then fine. But being on your own and actually intentionally getting bladdered? Not cool.
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    Did anybody else get reminded of Jez from Peep Show when they read this thread? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's great fun. For one, it's the only time I can really savour good alcohol without distractions, and appreciate the flavour... and to avoid me having to give any to anyone else!

For another, I find it very pleasant to get a bit sloshed and listen to music, loudly.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to make a polite request that people stop using the fact that alcohol is a CNS depressant in their arguments against its use. I'm hardly a medical man, but, as far as I know, this has absolutely nothing to do with the conventional use of the term 'depression'.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong in my book. I used to do it all the time: bacardi in my drink, watching tv, go to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Quote Jimmy Carr:

If you are bored, put smartie tubes on your cats legs and make them walk like a robot

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i'm quite naturally happy, and an exercise sesh can get me really happy, but alcohol takes it to a new level that i in my sober state cannot achieve.

insane grades by the way adhavan. good work!!!...NERD:p:. just kidding. clever guy/girl- can't be bothered to check:p:
    haha thanks

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.