Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I feel like I am falling apart, I don't know what to do something is definitely wrong. I am struggling to get through the day and to achieve anything I am tired of the mundane and repetitive nature of life. Everyday is the same thing I lost all motivation and nothing brings me any joy.

I have been on antidepressants and antipsychotics for 2 years now. It has been a very tough time for me. I am currently on a waiting list for therapy for a long time. I don't know how to break this cycle of unhappiness I want to finally find happiness and feel a zest for life like I did once.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi there, I'm so sorry you're feeling like this. The lockdown situation we're in certainly doesn't help much, but this sounds like a much bigger and longer problem for you.

Something I heard was that happiness is not a destination but a way of life. No one can necessarily 'reach' happiness, it more comes about through the everyday stuff. What I'm basically saying is even if you find one little bit of happiness each day, that's a great starting place.

To get to finding a bit of happiness everyday, think about your goals and wants, and things you know you once enjoyed. If this is too hard to do or get started on, start with something simple. Tell yourself that everyday you're going to open your window, or wash a plate, or brush your teeth and stick to it. It may not feel like a lot, but you can be proud you've done one thing. Then add one more thing, and gradually a routine will help you feel productive. Don't do everything at once otherwise you'll burn out.

Sometimes it can help to do things for others if you don't feel like doing them for yourself. If you're living with other people consider offering to wash their plate, or opening their window, even just maybe checking there's enough tea bags in the kitchen to make a cup of tea if they like that.

I totally get the mundane thing, especially now. I just try not to be too hard on myself, do a little bit of something each day (normally a thing that will help my future), and let myself be okay with not doing loads. A little bit of exercise or a walk really do help too.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I feel like I am falling apart, I don't know what to do something is definitely wrong. I am struggling to get through the day and to achieve anything I am tired of the mundane and repetitive nature of life. Everyday is the same thing I lost all motivation and nothing brings me any joy.

I have been on antidepressants and antipsychotics for 2 years now. It has been a very tough time for me. I am currently on a waiting list for therapy for a long time. I don't know how to break this cycle of unhappiness I want to finally find happiness and feel a zest for life like I did once.
What did your life look like when you were happy and had that zest for life? Is there anything that you now don't have in your life today? Is there anything you could bring back or reintroduce into your daily life?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi there, I'm so sorry you're feeling like this. The lockdown situation we're in certainly doesn't help much, but this sounds like a much bigger and longer problem for you.

Something I heard was that happiness is not a destination but a way of life. No one can necessarily 'reach' happiness, it more comes about through the everyday stuff. What I'm basically saying is even if you find one little bit of happiness each day, that's a great starting place.

To get to finding a bit of happiness everyday, think about your goals and wants, and things you know you once enjoyed. If this is too hard to do or get started on, start with something simple. Tell yourself that everyday you're going to open your window, or wash a plate, or brush your teeth and stick to it. It may not feel like a lot, but you can be proud you've done one thing. Then add one more thing, and gradually a routine will help you feel productive. Don't do everything at once otherwise you'll burn out.

Sometimes it can help to do things for others if you don't feel like doing them for yourself. If you're living with other people consider offering to wash their plate, or opening their window, even just maybe checking there's enough tea bags in the kitchen to make a cup of tea if they like that.

I totally get the mundane thing, especially now. I just try not to be too hard on myself, do a little bit of something each day (normally a thing that will help my future), and let myself be okay with not doing loads. A little bit of exercise or a walk really do help too.
I don't know what goals to set myself, in everyday life I do lots of cleaning and I do all the cooking, I look after my pets and go on walks everyday. I don't know what else I can add to my daily life to make it more varied and a bit more excitable.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
What did your life look like when you were happy and had that zest for life? Is there anything that you now don't have in your life today? Is there anything you could bring back or reintroduce into your daily life?
I used to be really ambitious and driven I was desperate to prove everyone wrong and get the best grades possible. My life revolved around school work. I did well in my Gcses then I went to sixth form and it fallen apart. What caused this I think was that despite working hard at a levels I got rejected from all the grammar schools I have applied for sixth form and it made me feel like my hard work doesn't matter because nothing I do is ever enough.

In sixth form I became lazy and complacent son after depression arrived in my life and since then it didn't leave. I ended up sitting 1 a level and got a measly B grade in biology . Afterwards I went to college to do 2 more a levels. My medicine dream was over at that point and I changed my a levels to humanities as that B grade in biology meant no med school would accept me and I didn't have the heart to resit it I was too scared.

I think back then I had hope that if I worked hard I would become the doctor I wanted to be and all these people who doubted me and never believed that I could amount to anything would be wrong and they would be sorry. But they were right.

I have nothing to study for I accepted my university offer to study a language and I need to go forward in life. I can't be moping around forever. I don't know what to do with my days and how to bring a feeling of achievement to my day. I hate it when the day ends and I go to sleep sad as the day wasn't happy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (56)
9.03%
Confident (81)
13.06%
Indifferent (89)
14.35%
Unsure (159)
25.65%
Worried (235)
37.9%

Watched Threads

Latest