The Student Room Group

Had a fight with my gf over James Acaster

She said Ricky Gervais is funny and I kept calling him a piece of sh*t because he really is and his sense of humour appeals only to commercial crowds.

She knows my love for Acaster and how I’m constantly laughing when I watch him so she kept on teasing me. It’s so silly but things blew up out of proportion and I got angry and called her names.

Now she won’t talk to me.

I’d like to settle this once and for all, who do you think is funnier James or Ricky?
Original post by Anonymous
She said Ricky Gervais is funny and I kept calling him a piece of sh*t because he really is and his sense of humour appeals only to commercial crowds.

She knows my love for Acaster and how I’m constantly laughing when I watch him so she kept on teasing me. It’s so silly but things blew up out of proportion and I got angry and called her names.

I’d like to settle this once and for all, who do you think is funnier James or Ricky?

Neither. Jack Whitehall does it for me.
Reply 2
This is a slightly ridiculous thing to cause you to not talk to each other :colonhash:
I like John Mulaney :wink:
I loved James on Bake Off ngl

Edit: agree with above, how did an argument about comedians turn into you guys not talking to each other...?
James Acaster is from my home town. Big up to all of K-town.
Reply 5
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Neither. Jack Whitehall does it for me.

He’s O.K.
Reply 6
Original post by Moonbow
This is a slightly ridiculous thing to cause you to not talk to each other :colonhash:
I like John Mulaney :wink:

We are passionate haha. We are talking now, pheww!
Reply 7
Original post by Guru Jason
James Acaster is from my home town. Big up to all of K-town.

Repressseeent
Reply 8
Erm, or you could set your pride aside and appologise to her for calling her names...
Reply 9
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Erm, or you could set your pride aside and appologise to her for calling her names...

Already did. + there’s no need for you to put your nose in other people’s private affairs
Reply 10
Already did. + there’s no need for you to put your nose in other people’s private affairs

Eh? Thats a bit funny, since you decided to make a thread about it.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Eh? Thats a bit funny, since you decided to make a thread about it.

The thread was about something else but apparently you had an itch

But you posted your private affairs on the internet? Not sure what you expected
Reply 13
The thread was about something else but apparently you had an itch

You said "I’d like to settle this once and for all, who do you think is funnier James or Ricky?", which to me seemed like you hadnt apologized, and were going to try to stretch this argument out. My assumption was that you were being petty. I stand corrected now.

I love them both, but personally for me, Ricky Gervais is funnier. Although James was very funny on Bake Off and his story about the cabbages had me snorting!!
Original post by frenchie_
I love them both, but personally for me, Ricky Gervais is funnier. Although James was very funny on Bake Off and his story about the cabbages had me snorting!!

Hahaha Acaster on Would I Lie to You was the funniest thing ever.

Only found Gervais funny at the award shows. Not much else. Especially not After Life season 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending