The Student Room Group

Joint Honours degree

Hi guys!!

I am currently stuck between doing psychology or art for uni, so I was wondering has anyone done a joint honours in art and psychology in London? What is it like doing those 2 subjects at the same time? Was it worth it? Was it stressful?

Thanks !!! :smile:
Original post by j22669
Hi guys!!

I am currently stuck between doing psychology or art for uni, so I was wondering has anyone done a joint honours in art and psychology in London? What is it like doing those 2 subjects at the same time? Was it worth it? Was it stressful?

You will just do half and half.
I would warn you that it is wise to do a degree than you know what you might do with it at the end.
Psychology imo is saturated and its very unlikely you will get to use it, hence it being right down at the bottom on average earnings.
I am not sure how you are going to sell your combination to an employer, if that is your aim.
If you dont know what to do, take a gap, research and get experience.
Original post by j22669
Hi guys!!

I can't speak for this specific combination, but it's certainly refreshing doing a joint honours if you are bored easily and like a bit of variety in your learning. A slight caution that if you are doing a joint honours, you might find that you don't get as much 'practise' for each subject - each subject has its own discipline and skillset. So for example, if you had three modules in first year and most were art, your peers in second year who do straight psychology would have done more psychology modules and may find their psychology assignments are easier as they are slightly more practised.
I did philosophy with psychology and found it to be rewarding!

Hope this helps!

Tom - Hull University Representative
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest