The Student Room Group

Full time (9-5) along with PT MSc

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has managed to go for a PT MSc Cours (2-3 years) whilst working in a similar/related industry to the course studied and their experience. Or if a one year course is the better option, that would involve obviously not working full time.

Thanks
Original post by H.a.hx
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has managed to go for a PT MSc Cours (2-3 years) whilst working in a similar/related industry to the course studied and their experience. Or if a one year course is the better option, that would involve obviously not working full time.

Thanks

My friend did a part-time MA in Egyptology whilst working 2 part-time jobs which equated to 4 days per week - one in a museum and another in sales, I think. He ended up getting a Distinction, so it's definitely possible; however, he only had about 4 hours of classes per week.
Original post by H.a.hx
Hi,

Thanks

A lot of it depends on your home circumstances. If you are single and control your time, then one year is perfectly doable, you just have to be organised and prepared to work hard. If you have a needy partner and/or children, it can be impossible to get sufficient, clear headspace time to do anything academic no matter how many years. And all shades in between of course.
Reply 3
Original post by threeportdrift
A lot of it depends on your home circumstances. If you are single and control your time, then one year is perfectly doable, you just have to be organised and prepared to work hard. If you have a needy partner and/or children, it can be impossible to get sufficient, clear headspace time to do anything academic no matter how many years. And all shades in between of course.

Hi, I'm still young, graduated in 2018. No mortgage/kids etc. I was considering going in 2019, but had a full time job and wanted to gain some more experience, as without good professional experience in my industry, it's hard to get jobs.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending