tom8085
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Okay some context: I (M17, nearly M18)
met my boyfriend (M24) online (the legal age of consent in my country is 16). I want to go by train to meet up with him and go on a date and maybe go back to his place. My parents don’t want me to meet up with him because “its dangerous, he could BEAT YOU UP and the RAPE YOU”. Well, we’re meeting up in a public place plus I’ve seen pics of him and he isn’t physically bigger than me (plus we’re both male) so he probably couldn’t over power me. I don’t think the risk is that big, people travel to meet their partners all the time, but my parents disagree. Are they right? Should I not meet up with him or what?
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
at your age your parents can still tell you what to do so while its unlikely, its not unfounded what your parents are saying and you should really respect them if you can't persuade them
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
take a knife just in case but a small on that the police cant arrest you for
tom8085
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Wannabevetnurse)
take a knife just in case but a small on that the police cant arrest you for
Lmao
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I really hate to say it, but parents tend to be right about their gut feeling.
If they have a bad feeling about this, I would listen to them.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah, people travel to meet their partners all the time but that's usually after they've met them and gotten to know them.

It's down to you but if you do go, stay in a public place. Don't go back to his flat. You'd already be on the back foot if things did turn nasty. Your parents are right to not feel comfortable with letting you go, I imagine most older people with more experience would say the same.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.57%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
19.05%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.71%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.52%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
19.05%

Watched Threads