Foreskin Tightness (phimosis)

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
All my life I had a tight foreskin, never retracted until I forced it back when 17/18yrs old on my own and experienced painful paraphimosis for half an hour...

Anyway, at 22yrs old, I saw my GP about it.
He sent me away with advice to stretch it.
(That didn’t help...)

Year later, at 23yrs old, I saw my GP again.
He prescribed me ‘Hydrocortisone 1% Cream’ which he Instructed to apply ‘daily’ for 6 week’s.

Now, presently I am 24yrs old and still have had no relationships or sexual intercourse because I decided to wait for the ‘right person’. I think I’ve met her and though we’ve been going out for a little while now, I wanted to make sure everything downstairs was ready in case our next date leads us towards eventual sex.

So, having used the cream around 25-30 times this past year (I know it should have been daily for 6 weeks), I have found my foreskin to be painless when I pull it back but because of the traumatic experience the last time I pulled back fully and got paraphimosis, I have still recently been worried to retract fully.

I went to my GP today and turns out, I can pull it back and return it normally but... He did say it was still a bit tight and that retracting fully often would help stretch it more. I have done so 7 times today for 15 seconds flaccid and the last time I did it, I struggled to return it and the head began to swell just like what happened when I was 17/18. Managed to squeeze the head and manoeuvre the foreskin back to normal but left me a bit worried that it’ll happen again and next time won’t return position. Anyone have any stories/advice that have had similar experiences would be of much help moving forward.

All the best, H.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
All my life I had a tight foreskin, never retracted until I forced it back when 17/18yrs old on my own and experienced painful paraphimosis for half an hour...

Anyway, at 22yrs old, I saw my GP about it.
He sent me away with advice to stretch it.
(That didn’t help...)

Year later, at 23yrs old, I saw my GP again.
He prescribed me ‘Hydrocortisone 1% Cream’ which he Instructed to apply ‘daily’ for 6 week’s.

Now, presently I am 24yrs old and still have had no relationships or sexual intercourse because I decided to wait for the ‘right person’. I think I’ve met her and though we’ve been going out for a little while now, I wanted to make sure everything downstairs was ready in case our next date leads us towards eventual sex.

So, having used the cream around 25-30 times this past year (I know it should have been daily for 6 weeks), I have found my foreskin to be painless when I pull it back but because of the traumatic experience the last time I pulled back fully and got paraphimosis, I have still recently been worried to retract fully.

I went to my GP today and turns out, I can pull it back and return it normally but... He did say it was still a bit tight and that retracting fully often would help stretch it more. I have done so 7 times today for 15 seconds flaccid and the last time I did it, I struggled to return it and the head began to swell just like what happened when I was 17/18. Managed to squeeze the head and manoeuvre the foreskin back to normal but left me a bit worried that it’ll happen again and next time won’t return position. Anyone have any stories/advice that have had similar experiences would be of much help moving forward.

All the best, H.
Probably best to ask your GP as they'll have medically accurate knowledge.
JohnB1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi H. Have you tried using a condom, with the foreskin forward when you put it on? It's perfectly OK to use it like this, and this may prevent the foreskin from being pulled back when you do get around to having sex. Take care and stay safe.
135Peter
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Definitely see your doctor again - it’s clearly not right. I know that stretching and creams can help sometimes but it appears that your penis isn’t quite right after a lot of time doing this. A circumcision would solve your problem permanently. There would be a healing period but then you would have a fully functioning penis. I would strongly consider it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (24)
9.02%
Confident (32)
12.03%
Indifferent (46)
17.29%
Unsure (69)
25.94%
Worried (95)
35.71%

Watched Threads