The Student Room Group

Is this my fault?

A week ago, he accused me of lying when I didn't and I have proof of this. He thinks I was lying because I was meeting an old male friend but I said old pal then family friend when I was texting him and he thinks thats a lie. I won't go into detail but he called me vile (which he later denied saying) and he called me an idiot.

Then a few days ago, he brought up the fact I didn't send kisses and then I said 'well you aren't doing it back'. And he told me 'go away, your an idiot and a liar'. I was going to come down and see him in a few weeks as I am staying with family atm eventhough I will be back to my own place next month. One of my parents is high risk and they dont want me travelling back and fourth in case puts them at risk, I explained this to my partner and he snapped 'I can't be with someone whos parents control them'.

My parents support me through everything and I am not going to risk their health, now my partner is saying 'its not working is it, your so up and down, doesn't seem like you want this'. Also last week, he yelled at me on the phone saying it was a bad decision for me to visit family and said I did it out of desperation to see them, although I explained how my granny has cancer etc and that I am sorting things out and he said 'thats your issues deal with them'. He also says I keep changing my mind but its lockdown and I have had to change things which isnt my fault. I feel so bad about this, what should I do?

Scroll to see replies

PLEASE dump him. He is controlling, and sure he may want to see you, but that is very clearly manifesting itself in an unhealthy way. I get that is such a hard thing to do, but your partner should not be mean.

I was him once, and thank god my ex dumped me because I was pretty toxic (though it was a combined effort)... for about 6 months it hurt both of us a lot, but I am so glad - I know that we are both individually so much happier as a result.

All the best x
Also, he literally said that your granny having cancer is 'your problem.'

Please process that and realise how horrible of a thing that is to say to someone
Original post by oscar.jpdb
PLEASE dump him. He is controlling, and sure he may want to see you, but that is very clearly manifesting itself in an unhealthy way. I get that is such a hard thing to do, but your partner should not be mean.

I was him once, and thank god my ex dumped me because I was pretty toxic (though it was a combined effort)... for about 6 months it hurt both of us a lot, but I am so glad - I know that we are both individually so much happier as a result.

All the best x

He even said on the phone he doesn't care about COVID and hes trying to say my parents are controlling but they aren't at all, they are happy with whatever decision I make, it would just be selfish to risk my parents health travelling back and fourth. Were you? x
Get rid of that guy lol yuck
Please end the relationship.
Also, he literally said that your granny having cancer is 'your problem.'

Please process that and realise how horrible of a thing that is to say to someone

I was explaining to him why I couldn't see him for a while as planned because I lost my job locally and coming home allows me to be there for granny since she has cancer and thats when he said 'thats your issues, you dont do anything to sort it'. But I now just got another job, and literally only need a months pay and I will be back
Forget him. If he acts like this now when you are not married, imagine how he will be later....
Original post by the_queen
Forget him. If he acts like this now when you are not married, imagine how he will be later....

Good point. Few months ago when he got angry (because I said he was putting me down) he mentioned how abuse figures have risen and said its probably cause women provoke men
Oh he sounds manipulative AF! Run away and don’t look back on
Original post by pringles06
He even said on the phone he doesn't care about COVID and hes trying to say my parents are controlling but they aren't at all, they are happy with whatever decision I make, it would just be selfish to risk my parents health travelling back and fourth. Were you? x

it is also selfish of him to ask you to risk your family and even your own wellbeing travelling to him. i beg you get out of this you will be so much happier in the long run. now is also the best time, because you don't have to see him until it's safe to go out etc., so you won't have the horrid bit of having to see him.

what do you mean were you??
I was explaining to him why I couldn't see him for a while as planned because I lost my job locally and coming home allows me to be there for granny since she has cancer and thats when he said 'thats your issues, you dont do anything to sort it'. But I now just got another job, and literally only need a months pay and I will be back

please leave him

also how old are you and how old is he?? your bio thing says 06 - if he is older please get out of it
please leave him

also how old are you and how old is he?? your bio thing says 06 - if he is older please get out of it

I am 22 and he is 32. He also didn't tell me he had children until two months into the relationship, I just feel so bad for not coming back as agreed. But I even booked a flight for my permanent move back and I even going through a recruitment process for a job down there so its not like I am going anywhere. He doesn't think I value the relationship
it is also selfish of him to ask you to risk your family and even your own wellbeing travelling to him. i beg you get out of this you will be so much happier in the long run. now is also the best time, because you don't have to see him until it's safe to go out etc., so you won't have the horrid bit of having to see him.

what do you mean were you??

Oh its because you mentioned you were the same as him, so I was quite surprised!
Reply 14
You cant just do the obvious and breakup?
He sounds toxic.
I am 22 and he is 32. He also didn't tell me he had children until two months into the relationship, I just feel so bad for not coming back as agreed. But I even booked a flight for my permanent move back and I even going through a recruitment process for a job down there so its not like I am going anywhere. He doesn't think I value the relationship

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have 8 more years of your twenties what do not waste them on this fool...

don't feel bad he is horrible

he has children?! don't you want to have your own with no complications and stepchildren etc.? he also lied by omission... a pretty big one too

i really hope he's right and that you don't value the relationship it sounds toxic af!!
break up with him now
Oh its because you mentioned you were the same as him, so I was quite surprised!

oh, yeah

it made me a much better person though as i realised it

put a positive spin on it - don't feel guilty you are doing him a favour he will learn a lesson
also if (and hopefully when) you dump him, block his social media and number etc.- radio silence is best you don't need to speak to him again it's clearly quite complicated
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have 8 more years of your twenties what do not waste them on this fool...

don't feel bad he is horrible

he has children?! don't you want to have your own with no complications and stepchildren etc.? he also lied by omission... a pretty big one too

i really hope he's right and that you don't value the relationship it sounds toxic af!!

He even says I dont give him anything or make his life better, once, I asked what he was doing (as I was busy working and was on 15 min break) and he went on about how it was controlling etc. And the whole hanging out with my friend scenario, I showed him all the messages and he even said how he was going to message my friends gf etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending