A level biology revision

Watch
keeno25
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have a biology mock next week and over the last 3 weeks I have done ALOT of past papers and questions. Is there any technique that I can use to make sure that I remember all of the key mistakes that I went wrong in so that I don't make them again? Because I keep forgetting some mistakes that I made whilst doing them

Exdoz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by keeno25)
I have a biology mock next week and over the last 3 weeks I have done ALOT of past papers and questions. Is there any technique that I can use to make sure that I remember all of the key mistakes that I went wrong in so that I don't make them again? Because I keep forgetting some mistakes that I made whilst doing them
From my experience with bio, it is quite a unique subject. So for subjects like chem the more papers you do the better. But with bio, I believe it has to be studied a different way. So it's great you did lots of past papers but now, just go through all the papers you did. So look at a question and see what you're thinking process was behind it and if you got that question wrong- clearly the thinking process was wrong. So did you miss the "Explain" in the question- what didn't you understand. When I was doing this method I found I was going through each question for like 20 mins. It does take time. Also do this for the questions you got right- maybe you got it right by fluke. Command words is the thing which separates A and A* students I believe.

Also focus a lot on graphs. For example: each time I did a new paper I realised the graph had to be answered in a different manner, compared to that graph question in *last* year's paper, and so I could never learn from my mistake. The best way to go about this is by understanding the fundamentals of a graph- literally. So what does the x-axis say, what does the y-axis say and etc. I found I always somehow managed to miss out the key and so get half the graph question wrong. Eye out the question carefully.

I mean there isn't really anything to stop you from getting A* if you follow what I said. As long as you have the theory on lock and you practice developing these skills, you will get that A*. Good luck !
keeno25
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Exdoz)
From my experience with bio, it is quite a unique subject. So for subjects like chem the more papers you do the better. But with bio, I believe it has to be studied a different way. So it's great you did lots of past papers but now, just go through all the papers you did. So look at a question and see what you're thinking process was behind it and if you got that question wrong- clearly the thinking process was wrong. So did you miss the "Explain" in the question- what didn't you understand. When I was doing this method I found I was going through each question for like 20 mins. It does take time. Also do this for the questions you got right- maybe you got it right by fluke. Command words is the thing which separates A and A* students I believe.

Also focus a lot on graphs. For example: each time I did a new paper I realised the graph had to be answered in a different manner, compared to that graph question in *last* year's paper, and so I could never learn from my mistake. The best way to go about this is by understanding the fundamentals of a graph- literally. So what does the x-axis say, what does the y-axis say and etc. I found I always somehow managed to miss out the key and so get half the graph question wrong. Eye out the question carefully.

I mean there isn't really anything to stop you from getting A* if you follow what I said. As long as you have the theory on lock and you practice developing these skills, you will get that A*. Good luck !
Thanks really helpful!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (33)
8.03%
Confident (55)
13.38%
Indifferent (58)
14.11%
Unsure (105)
25.55%
Worried (160)
38.93%

Watched Threads