The Student Room Group

How to meet a guy?

Im 19 and have never even been in a talking stage/dated a guy. I know its not that important and theres more to focus on but I at least want to meet someone and have that experience of talking to someone more than friends. I even have very few guy friends

Guys have been interested in me but to be honest they’re just not my type and they’re those guys that just try it with everyone

How can I meet someone?
Tinder (although not sure all the guys there will be looking for something serious), friends of friends, work.

Are you at uni? Maybe try joining some societies :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by wastedcuriosity
Tinder (although not sure all the guys there will be looking for something serious), friends of friends, work.

Are you at uni? Maybe try joining some societies :smile:

I wouldnt do tinder because I feel like guys arent serious

My close friends dont really have guy friends but thats an option if I make more girl friends!

I am at uni but going into second year now. Do you think it’ll be too late to join? Plus with covid im not sure if there would be society events :/
Original post by Anonymous

My close friends dont really have guy friends but thats an option if I make more girl friends!

I am at uni but going into second year now. Do you think it’ll be too late to join? Plus with covid im not sure if there would be society events :/

I'm going into second year too, and me and my friends are thinking of joining some societies, so definitely not! But true :frown: there could be some outside or with small groups though!

Totally understand not wanting to go on Tinder lol. Yeah definitely reach out to more girls, and maybe they'll have boyfriends who have other guy friends you can get to know - that's how I met a couple of guys I've been speaking to :smile:
This could work well, just wear it around campus.

Reply 5

I met my boyfriend on tinder, even though I was originally on there as a joke. I know other people who have met their partners on there too so maybe it's not always as bad as it seems, it's worth a try.
Reply 6
Original post by renaamz
I met my boyfriend on tinder, even though I was originally on there as a joke. I know other people who have met their partners on there too so maybe it's not always as bad as it seems, it's worth a try.

True but I dont know I guess i hope to meet with someone more naturally. Nothing against tinder and I’m so happy you met someone on there!
just drop a time and place for our date? I'm single too
Reply 8
True but I dont know I guess i hope to meet with someone more naturally. Nothing against tinder and I’m so happy you met someone on there!

I get that, I was like that, mostly because of other people's view of it but tbh who cares.

I would suggest joining clubs and try talking to people when you go out but don't stress too much about it x
Reply 9
just drop a time and place for our date? I'm single too

Hahaha not just anyone😂 I want to meet someone who I genuinely like/likes me
Original post by renaamz
I get that, I was like that, mostly because of other people's view of it but tbh who cares.

I would suggest joining clubs and try talking to people when you go out but don't stress too much about it x

Thank you x i think the problem is that im shy
You're probably not missing out on much based on the standard of people nowadays
You're probably not missing out on much based on the standard of people nowadays

What do you mean?

I feel the same about Tinder (I'm a guy though)

You're better off trying to find people through other methods or even IRL (the pandemic doesn't make it easy though)
I hope you do find someone, a lot of people are going through the same situation.
Im 19 and have never even been in a talking stage/dated a guy. I know its not that important and theres more to focus on but I at least want to meet someone and have that experience of talking to someone more than friends. I even have very few guy friends

Guys have been interested in me but to be honest they’re just not my type and they’re those guys that just try it with everyone

How can I meet someone?

Try dating apps, or join clubs gyms or when you go into your second year at Uni, try and see if they're any societies or clubs you could join. It may seem annoying to say this, but, just go with the flow, you'll meet someone in your own time, especially when you least expect it. It may seem annoying but it will happen, things just take time, just don't be too hard on yourself, when you are trying to look for a guy.
Original post by TheStarboy
I feel the same about Tinder (I'm a guy though)

You're better off trying to find people through other methods or even IRL (the pandemic doesn't make it easy though)
I hope you do find someone, a lot of people are going through the same situation.

Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
Try dating apps, or join clubs gyms or when you go into your second year at Uni, try and see if they're any societies or clubs you could join. It may seem annoying to say this, but, just go with the flow, you'll meet someone in your own time, especially when you least expect it. It may seem annoying but it will happen, things just take time, just don't be too hard on yourself, when you are trying to look for a guy.

Thank you, I’ll definitely try looking for people at uni but it’s difficult because I commute

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending