The Student Room Group

For those who do not think they will get their required grades for uni...

Hi! I made this bc i dont think there is enough talk about the people who arent sure if they will be able to go to uni this yr bc of the grades that they think they'll get. I'm sorry for the people who arent sure if they'll be able to go or not, but honestly pls know that you can always try again next year. Some unis are planning to let ppl do exams next yr, but have their offers from this yr n carry them through to give them a fair chance. You might want to phone up and check with your uni if they are doing this...

How do you feel? Are you stuck? What are you doing in quarantine as a result of this? Just talk about anything you want and feel free to ask questions :smile: <3
Original post by hobinobichimchim
Hi! I made this bc i dont think there is enough talk about the people who arent sure if they will be able to go to uni this yr bc of the grades that they think they'll get. I'm sorry for the people who arent sure if they'll be able to go or not, but honestly pls know that you can always try again next year. Some unis are planning to let ppl do exams next yr, but have their offers from this yr n carry them through to give them a fair chance. You might want to phone up and check with your uni if they are doing this...

How do you feel? Are you stuck? What are you doing in quarantine as a result of this? Just talk about anything you want and feel free to ask questions :smile: <3

For medicine, in the U.K. or Europe if I would like a fourth A level, what do you recommend? I want to do Mathematics and Biology and Chemistry. What else would be good other than physics?
Original post by Digybfhgjt
For medicine, in the U.K. or Europe if I would like a fourth A level, what do you recommend? I want to do Mathematics and Biology and Chemistry. What else would be good other than physics?

idk about europe, but chem and bio r good for medicine in general,and maths is also a good option to have (some unis definitely want maths so check if the ones you want to go to need maths as compulsory) but ik it can get really difficult for some ppl.

I did 4 as well: bio, chem, RS and psychology and am also hoping to get into med. Some people did english to have an essay based subject in there to give variety if that makes sense (that's why I chose RS (also bc i love it)), so if you like that then you can choose that, but keep in mind there is coursework. Physics is a good subject to do bc it's just the classic option that ppl chose. Ik some people did economics and others did business. I think with what you want to do right now, you're fine with choosing any subject you would like if im being honest.t

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending