Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, got a letter back from Portsmouth saying I didn't get into halls, which sucks am gonna keep optimistic though

anyone going to one of these Secure a Home weekends?

ReputationRep:
    I am!!
    I'm booked in on the 5th/6th of September! I take it you're going? Do you know anyone else going?

ReputationRep:
    Ummm maybe I don't know if I've got a place at halls yet, I'm pretty sure I don't though; so yea i probabally will be going to the secure a home weekend, but which one I don't know...

ReputationRep:
    Secure a home day is brilliant. They take you out, get you pissed and you get to live with whoever you bond with. In halls, you HAVE to live with the people regardless of whether you bond or not. Sometimes I wish I had been to Secure-A-Home day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmiccix)
    I am!!
    I'm booked in on the 5th/6th of September! I take it you're going? Do you know anyone else going?
    I'm hoping to go 5th/6th also i have a mate coming with me who has a place in halls. Do you know anyone going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nanananabatman)
    Secure a home day is brilliant. They take you out, get you pissed and you get to live with whoever you bond with. In halls, you HAVE to live with the people regardless of whether you bond or not. Sometimes I wish I had been to Secure-A-Home day.
    sounds awesome hopefully will get a house with some pretty cool peeps. Is living in a house more expensive then living in halls?

ReputationRep:
    NEVER!

My halls cost about £100 a week! My boyfriend pays about 30 quid less than that in his house.

ReputationRep:
    is the secure a home weekend also on the 5th and 6th of september? i was invited to the one on the 19th / 10th september but wont be around for it!!!!!!!!!!!! getting anxious now about accommodation!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've got the same letter I will go to the Secure a Home on the 19th/20th of September. What is the difference between that and the one on 5th/6th?

By the way, is it easy to get a home on that event? This will be my first year at Portsmouth and I've no idea.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you won't go home er...homeless. Hahahaha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carballude)
    I've got the same letter I will go to the Secure a Home on the 19th/20th of September. What is the difference between that and the one on 5th/6th?

By the way, is it easy to get a home on that event? This will be my first year at Portsmouth and I've no idea.
    Your guaranteed a house in those days, trust me..plenty to go around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carballude)

I dont think there is much difference between the weekends. I had a mate who got into a house on his first year after applying on the last weekend before his course started and he got pretty sweet accomodation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vaisteen)
    I dont think there is much difference between the weekends. I had a mate who got into a house on his first year after applying on the last weekend before his course started and he got pretty sweet accomodation
    Now that's a confidence booster !

ReputationRep:
    ok, turns out im not going 5th/6th september. 12th/13th now. anyone going down that weekend?

ReputationRep:
    hi mate

i am going down for that weekend! where are u staying friday night?

cheers

edward

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamfg)
    Now that's a confidence booster !
    There isnt a difference at all....
    although, the rest of the good houses might be gone in the 5th/6th one...

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I am currently a final year student studying Animation, I have a house & am looking for 1 or 2 house mates! We are group of 3 lads, looking for 1 or 2 people! We are easy going, fun and tidy!!

I have a house in Southsea, 5 minute walk from the FREE Uni bus stop! The house has 2 bathrooms, an open lounge, kitchen and garden! All rooms come fully furnished, and internet is optional! It is also just a 15 minute walk to campus.

I am in Portsmouth this week, if you want to have a look around the rooms! Call me on 07903153637!

Dee.

ReputationRep:
    We have 2 rooms in a flat and a 4 bedroomed house if you are interested in securing something before that date.

ReputationRep:
    We have ONE DOUBLE ROOM TO FILL in a 4-bed maisonette. Located on King St/St. James Road, it is right behind Eldon Building, EXTREMELY CLOSE TO THE UNIVERSITY and main campus- also very close to Albert Road with local amenities, short distance to the beach and university buses, 2 minute walk to Eldon and local amenities, 10 minutes to the main uni campus. Large modern maisonette, nicely decorated kitchen, living room, one large bathroom, and additional downstairs W.C.
    Quiet road, with local shops and takeaways a minute away.
    Deposit + £372.50 pcm rent.
    Cheaper than living in halls!
    Bills not included, but we are friendly, and looking to share bills equally and fairly in order to keep cost down. The placed is furnished really nicely with hard wood floors and two toilets.

One GIRL and two GUYS going into our 2nd year, we're really friendly and are happy to get on with anyone regardless of what year they're in/course they do. Previous housemate dropped out due to chronic illness. Gender of housemate doesn’t matter, as long as you are friendly
    We're all gone through first year at Uni, and will help you settle in, and show you around the city, as well as the great spots in Portsmouth!

We already have signed the contract, but here are some pictures of the maisonette:
    http://goo.gl/Clgd3n

If you're interested, message me, or email at [email protected]

University open days

• University of Portsmouth
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 1 Dec '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.