Failed first year uni, looking to change course and need to talk

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I failed first year uni and I’m looking to change course. I was studying accounting and finance and I did not enjoy it. Nothing about it appealed to me and it bores me with the long numbers and formulas. I am looking to change to business and marketing now and have been told to email both heads of the degree for approval. I’m worried they won’t approve but surely we all deserve second chances, I just need some input from people who went thru the same or can offer anything!
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I failed first year uni and I’m looking to change course. I was studying accounting and finance and I did not enjoy it. Nothing about it appealed to me and it bores me with the long numbers and formulas. I am looking to change to business and marketing now and have been told to email both heads of the degree for approval. I’m worried they won’t approve but surely we all deserve second chances, I just need some input from people who went thru the same or can offer anything!
Go for passion that’s my main advice. If it’s the hardest thing in life and yet you love it you will no doubt be successful in it.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi!

Just explain to them your concerns and how you feel and how much more business and marketing inspire you (ps I highly doubt they will say no and you might benefit from asking ASAP). I do digital marketing and I love marketing as a subject and couldn't recommend it enough. Send the email! There's no point being in debt for a course you don't like and are failing at.
Let me know if you have any marketing questions or any other questions

Erin - Official Student Rep
Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago
Which university?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
Sire ive answered yours before, but from my recollection I wasnt convinced you know what you want , hence I probably said take a gap, get some experience and reapply. You cannot afford another fail or the wrong course because you wont have any finance for a third time.

Just email them and find out because the longer you leave it the fewer places there will be and the less time you will have to look for something else.
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Anonymous,

At the University of Hull, students within the business school can switch across those courses very easily as many who undertake one form of business discipline realise they prefer another! Hopefully yours will be the same I personally have recently graduated from my Business and Marketing course and have absolutely loved the course and the experience due to the variety of material covered and range of assessment methods used. I also undertook a placement year which confirmed to me that this was the career for me!

Best of luck
Millie
Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (33)
8.03%
Confident (55)
13.38%
Indifferent (58)
14.11%
Unsure (105)
25.55%
Worried (160)
38.93%

Watched Threads