Turn on thread page Beta

do i have a right to feel angry watch

Announcements

i'm at my bf's home home at the moment. we arrived yesterday for the long weekend. on the train one of his brothers asked if he wanted to play cricket this sat (ie today). he said yes. i was annoyed becasue what would i do for 8/9 hours? and it's freezing today so i'm not keen on just hanging around the sidelines. so i wanted him to call and cancel.

anyway so we got to the house and his mum and brothers said they were surprised he said yes cos i was over. his mum said that we'd have a nice day together. later on, i told him how angry i still was and he explained that he wanted the best of both worlds this weekend, me and cricket. how i've never seen a cricket game, how it's the last game of the season, how he's hasn't played with his brothers in over a year. blah blah. i'm still not happy. am i justified? cos he thinks i'm over reacting.

thanks xxxx

ReputationRep:
    If he'd designated this time for you, and the assumption amongst everyone was that you'd spend the time together, then I think it's quite reasonable to be unhappy.

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on. It's the last game of the season and he hasn't played with his brothers in a year. It's just an unfortunate coincidence.

ReputationRep:
    No I don't think you are justified - everyone should be allowed time with their family, especially if he hasn't seen them for a while. How often does he see you?

I can see why you would be dissappointed - but angry? Over-reaction.

ReputationRep:
    I understand why you're angry but try not to let it spoil the rest of your time together! It might just be an unfortunate clash of two things...

ReputationRep:
    Guys take thier sport seriously, you just have to accept it, and it is the last game of the season and he hasnt played with his brothers for a year :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You are overreacting

ReputationRep:
    ok, i can understand why you are angry

but you do not rule his life, he has to have a balance between you and his family. sounds like you are making that very difficult for him.

so no, i do not think you are justified in being angry. at all.

how often do you see each other? i mean, if you hadn't seen him for months then i could understand you being angry. but if you see each other regularly then you are just being petty.

ReputationRep:
    You're overreacting I think (although I can't promise I wouldn't do the same), and I'm speaking as someone who despises sport ;p.

ReputationRep:
    It is not to be forgotten that it is the right of our soul not to be angried.

ReputationRep:
    It's me a new friend here.I have a problem,I can't speak politely with the girls.I always do make them angry.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, even though he hasn't played for a year etc, he's being a little unfair to you. I mean, you're at his house and not yours, presumably in a place you might not know that well, so you don't have any friends or anything you can spend time with. He's not considering what you are going to do or thinking about your feelings. Fair enough if you were somewhere you knew and could just amuse yourself happily, but at his house you're pretty much going to be sat around, maybe watching TV for an entire day. I don't think that's fair.

Maybe if you explain why you don't think it was very considerate of him, rather than just stamping your foot and insisting, he might see it your way?

well also, it's not like he doesn't see his family that often. he was home 2 weeks ago, and also he lives with one of his brothers at uni. we also met up with family a month ago to go out for the day.

also when we get back, we're not really going to see each other for abot 3 weeks cos i have to go away for a placement. so when he invited me home with him, i thought we'd be spending time together.

(Original post by thecaterpillar)
    I mean, you're at his house and not yours, presumably in a place you might not know that well, so you don't have any friends or anything you can spend time with. He's not considering what you are going to do or thinking about your feelings. Fair enough if you were somewhere you knew and could just amuse yourself happily, but at his house you're pretty much going to be sat around, maybe watching TV for an entire day. I don't think that's fair.
    yeah exactly! i don't know what i'm going to do for a whole day. i could have stayed at home and did some work instead and come down on sunday! i can hardly work here, i think it would be rude.

also it's not like he doen'st play cricket all the time anyway. he's president of the uni cricket team last year and this coming year.

ReputationRep:
    god, he is completely out of order, he asked u to come see him and then he bloody goes gallivanting off to play cricket!!! so out of order! imagine if ud asked him to urs and gone at the last minute 'oh sorry, my best mate just asked me to go shopping' and u went! he wd be like 'wtf!'

ReputationRep:
    It's the last game of the season and he hasn't played with his brothers for a year. 'Nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be angry personally, though I can understand why you might be. When I stay over for a few days, even though I've not seen my guy for months, I decide we can have space apart - I'll go for a walk while he's on the computer or whatever. It's only a few hours - you can have him all to yourself for the rest of the time, and you'll appreciate it more

ReputationRep:
    he cares more for his family than you

ReputationRep:
    I think it's justified because you can go watch him. I can't remember the number of times I've stood in freezing cold muddy weather to watch my boyfriend play rugby, but have wanted to be there for him. Or why don't you join in with the cricket?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackdragonthegreat)
    he cares more for his family than you
    And that's exactly how it should be unless they're married or something :eek:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.