Turn on thread page Beta

do i have a right to feel angry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misogynist)
    It's the last game of the season and he hasn't played with his brothers for a year. 'Nuff said.

yeah, but he would have known both of these things WAYYY before he asked her to go down?!! why on earth did he not just tell her to come down a couple of hours later!!! If it was important enough for him to miss out time with his gf for then surely he should have arranged it earlier and told her earlier!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joderz)
    yeah, but he would have known both of these things WAYYY before he asked her to go down?!! why on earth did he not just tell her to come down a couple of hours later!!! If it was important enough for him to miss out time with his gf for then surely he should have arranged it earlier and told her earlier!!!
    Aw not all guys are so organised when it comes to their social schedule. It's not a sign that the boyfriend is craving time away from the OP or anything!

ReputationRep:
    shurrup moaning it's just stuff doing. If he ain't seen his relatives in yonks you should let him spend time with them. One measily game of cricket for a few hours ain't gonna ruin stuff surely. Still spending time with you, you're moaning it's too cold to go watch. If you were that bothered you'd go with him even if it was snowing, and read heat magazine on the sidelines.
    Seriously, angry - no. No emotion should come into this, you're reading into it a bit strong ain't you. I mean I'd feel nothing. -

If I went to some girls family for a weekend and she wanted to go shopping I'd happily accompany, even though I hate shopping in frigging Primark and the naff shops my girlfriends seem to wanted to investigate. It's a case of juggling priorities. Chances are unless he is an absolute toss face, he'll probably spend some quality time with you laters. Let it slide, and if he goes on all weekend swanning off to the pub and leaving you to chat to his mum about Buy on Get on Frees in Netto and Cross-Stitching then perhaps then you should get angry. Don't condemn him for one measily afternoon with his brothers who he ain't seen in yonks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thats funny)
    shurrup moaning it's just stuff doing. If he ain't seen his relatives in yonks you should let him spend time with them. One measily game of cricket for a few hours ain't gonna ruin stuff surely. Still spending time with you, you're moaning it's too cold to go watch. If you were that bothered you'd go with him even if it was snowing, and read heat magazine on the sidelines.
    Seriously, angry - no. No emotion should come into this, you're reading into it a bit strong ain't you. I mean I'd feel nothing. -

If I went to some girls family for a weekend and she wanted to go shopping I'd happily accompany, even though I hate shopping in frigging Primark and the naff shops my girlfriends seem to wanted to investigate. It's a case of juggling priorities. Chances are unless he is an absolute toss face, he'll probably spend some quality time with you laters. Let it slide, and if he goes on all weekend swanning off to the pub and leaving you to chat to his mum about Buy on Get on Frees in Netto and Cross-Stitching then perhaps then you should get angry. Don't condemn him for one measily afternoon with his brothers who he ain't seen in yonks.
    That's the most stereotype-filled post I've read in ages! :ninja: Gotta agree with you though.

ReputationRep:

Exactly. I reckon the reason why he went ahead of it was that he (wrongly) assumed that you would be willing to go watch him. If it's important to my boyfriend, it's important to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    That's the most stereotype-filled post I've read in ages! :ninja: Gotta agree with you though.
    I know, I hate stereotypes.
    Like old people eating mashed veg
    and
    Naval Soldiers liking backstreet alleys.
    Actually I lied, they can be quite amusing.
    What's the world coming to -

but no really, getting angry about cricket, wtf. If her bf is delibrately saying this so he can be unaccompanied to score smack and whores with his brothers I'd be angry as she says. But going to play cricket. No chance. -
    As brash it may sound, maybe its a subconscious sex thing. She's upset because he'll be too tired to do anything in the sack later :rolleyes: Sorry - See avvy and sig and everything :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    And that's exactly how it should be unless they're married or something :eek:
    :ditto: sorry family over girlfriends

ReputationRep:
    i would never leave you...

ReputationRep:
    Oh, come on!! He hasn't played with them for a YEAR! a whole year! he's obviously not really that arsed about playing with them is he? (Although i do agree with family over bf/gf's)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joderz)
    Oh, come on!! He hasn't played with them for a YEAR! a whole year! he's obviously not really that arsed about playing with them is he? (Although i do agree with family over bf/gf's)
    Maybe he ain't had chance to see them in so long, or it'd been winter when he last did so was rubbish playing conditions.
    If he lives far away can't exactly play cricket over four counties can he.
    She's a mard arse, plain and simple. Perhaps mildly selfish, as in wants to get what she wants, couldn't care less about his family and that. Never wanted to meet them, wants to sit in a dark room with him for the rest of his and her life eating super noodles, watching Big Brother and Tots TV tapes and having sex sixteen times a day and are only allowed to leave the room for a mere two and half minutes to defecate or urinate or perhaps slip that cyanide pill into their oesophagus. Who knows, all I do know is, it ain't worth getting mad about. I mean really. Mard arse or what.

ReputationRep:
    I think in the grand scheme of things, not spending this 8/9 hours with him because you'd rather not watch him play cricket isn't such a bad thing. You see him frequently otherwise (3 weeks isn't a long time) and I'm sure you can entertain yourself for one day, even in a town where you know no one. Read a book, get some work done... And most of all, don't take it personally.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he ain't had chance to see them in so long, or it'd been winter when he last did so was rubbish playing conditions.
    If he lives far away can't exactly play cricket over four counties can he.
    She's a mard arse, plain and simple. Perhaps mildly selfish, as in wants to get what she wants, couldn't care less about his family and that. Never wanted to meet them, wants to sit in a dark room with him for the rest of his and her life eating super noodles, watching Big Brother and Tots TV tapes and having sex sixteen times a day and are only allowed to leave the room for a mere two and half minutes to defecate or urinate or perhaps slip that cyanide pill into their oesophagus. Who knows, all I do know is, it ain't worth getting mad about. I mean really. Mard arse or what.
    Lol!!!that did make me rather chuckle!HAHA!

ReputationRep:
    wants to sit in a dark room with him having sex sixteen times a day
    Sounds like a good gf to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bear_Grylls)
    Sounds like a good gf to me
    You'd want that for the rest of your life everyday? Surely after constant meals of super noodles and darkness it'd end up being like two lung fish getting it on that stink of soy sauce. Not pretty.

ReputationRep:
    Oh crap -
    wish I'd posted this now:

"You have the right to remain silent."
    Oh the marvel of such a missed opportunity. Bugger

ReputationRep:
    You'd want that for the rest of your life everyday? Surely after constant meals of super noodles and darkness it'd end up being like two lung fish getting it on that stink of soy sauce. Not pretty.
    as long as theres a tv to watch the football

ReputationRep:
    I think you're over reacting about it, he wants to spend time with his brother, it's noting to be unhappy about. I imagine he spends more time with you than them anyway right? well i may be wrong but it's still not justified to be angry at someone for wanting to play a game of cricket with their brother.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.