The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Keeping in mind that you're above average on a site for people who're specifically interested in their academic exploits, I'd say you did quite well. That being said, TSR is the place to go if you find you're congratulating yourself too much. :biggrin: (like me)
Reply 21
V1NY
I was disappointed when i got my results, and i thought that going on TSR would make me feel worse so i havent been on for 2 days, just untill the results hype went down...

has anyone done the same or am i the only one :s-smilie:

Well I was the opposite of you. Expected a string of A's, B's and C's but instead got A*A*A*AAAAABC.
Reply 22
x=o
jesus, you got 9 A grades.. and you're upset?

its 8 :p:

if you think im bad theres a thread with some one crying over the fact they only got 6 A*'s as opposed to 8
Reply 23
RobbieH
Well I was the opposite of you. Expected a string of A's, B's and C's but instead got A*A*A*AAAAABC.

lucky you, well done :biggrin:
Reply 24
DominF
Keeping in mind that you're above average on a site for people who're specifically interested in their academic exploits, I'd say you did quite well. That being said, TSR is the place to go if you find you're congratulating yourself too much. :biggrin: (like me)

lol thank you
Reply 25
V1NY
its 8 :p:

if you think im bad theres a thread with some one crying over the fact they only got 6 A*'s as opposed to 8

I meant 9 A and above :p:

oh dear, only 6 A*?! the poor thing, she must be heart broken.
I tried to resist but I was interested in knowing what others got. Bad move! :P
I'm dissapointed for sure because I didn't put in enough effort in some CW and in the exams but overall, they're not bad and, without considering A-levels, I have met the requirements for the course I would like to study at Uni. 6 A's and 3 B's for me.
Reply 27
smflesh
Your results are excellent, congratulations! Possibly 'average - high' on the TSR scale but this is the internet and you have no idea whether or not people have added a few A*s onto their results and took a few Bs and Cs off :p: . Most people in reality would kill to have your results. One of my friends spent about 5 hours a day revising for GCSES (and he started a month early for revision) and spent a fortune a month for tutoring and only came out with 1 A* (short course subject) 3 As, 5 Bs and 2 Cs, he deserves so much higher for all the work put in but there you go.

i guess life is like that though :yep:
You know, when people complain with their good grades being bad, they make me feel like I did absolutely crap :rolleyes:
Reply 29
rach.
I tried to resist but I was interested in knowing what others got. Bad move! :P
I'm dissapointed for sure because I didn't put in enough effort in some CW and in the exams but overall, they're not bad and, without considering A-levels, I have met the requirements for the course I would like to study at Uni. 6 A's and 3 B's for me.

thats good, well done!!!!
Reply 30
inksplodge
You know, when people complain with their good grades being bad, they make me feel like I did absolutely crap :rolleyes:

is this directed at me? :ninja: :rolleyes:
V1NY
thats good, well done!!!!

Thanks :smile:. I think you did fantastic, well done to you too!
i didnt go for my results and they came home, i actually done quite well.

i regret not going to pick them up, its a good experience to do that and i missed it.

i dont recommend staying at home and panicking!
V1NY
is this directed at me? :ninja: :rolleyes:

No, not you personally! Sorry if it came across as that. It's just loads of people are complaining how disappointed they are, but they did really well! It's quite annoying seeing people putting themselves down for no reason, and feeling disappointed with themselves. I was happy with my results - they're not straight A*/A's at all - and I just can't see why people feel the need to complain and feel so bad about their results when there are other people out there who maybe only just managed to get one or two passes, and are thrilled. :eek:
Reply 34
Your results are amazing i'd be so proud. And if your results are TSR High to Average standard, mine are well Dustin to Low. So be proud of your results. I only toke 9 gcses so im more stuffed than you!
Reply 35
gozatron
Your results are amazing i'd be so proud. And if your results are TSR High to Average standard, mine are well Dustin to Low. So be proud of your results. I only toke 9 gcses so im more stuffed than you!

lol thanks
you did great :hugs: when i did my GCSEs i didn't 1 A or 1 A* (well i did, but my school rejected the results because everyone else failed :mad:)
TSR - evidently the place to go when you need your ego stroked.
Reply 38
I know exactly how you feel. You won't get any sympathy here because you got 8A's and 1 A*, you will get the usual 'shut up you got good results', 'your results a fiiiiiine' but I know you feel disappointed. When I got my results I was happy, but when I found out I missed the next grade up in 5 subjects, I was disappointed and refrained from reading the results; I did the day after and it made me feel in the 'middle of the cream' rather then the 'creme de la creme' :P: Don't worry, you're not alone! :biggrin:
x=o
jesus, you got 9 A grades.. and you're upset?

...it's what TSR does to you....

Latest