The Student Room Group

Can someone give me feedback for my personal statement (Vet School)

Hey! I'm wondering if it would be safe/wise to post my personal statement for vet school in this forum? I want feedback on the quality and content but I'm worried it could be stolen :frown:
Reply 1
no it isn't safe. Don't do it. Someone will probably copy it then all the hard work goes down the drain.
(edited 3 years ago)
Do NOT post your personal statement on a public forum for two reasons. 1) Someone might steal it. 2) It might be indexed by whatever plagiarism software they use to check personal statements and you might get in trouble for "copying" it.
It’s not safe to post it online here however you can get personal statement reviewers on TSR who are qualified and trained to review personal statements so look into that.
I'm happy to read vet med PS. I'm a vet who graduated in the 1980s and have been mentoring for 4 years since selling my vet practices.
Original post by animalmagic
I'm happy to read vet med PS. I'm a vet who graduated in the 1980s and have been mentoring for 4 years since selling my vet practices.

We would love you to join the team :smile: If you read the article that ecolier posted it will give you all the instructions to join the team :smile:
Original post by Interrobang
We would love you to join the team :smile: If you read the article that ecolier posted it will give you all the instructions to join the team :smile:

Yes, I read that, but I'm afraid I didn't understand the instructions and how they relate to me? "Please make a thread in ‘Ask a CT’ from your university network so that we can verify this". I left the RVC in the 1980s. Happy to send an email with my real name and details if you PM me the email address or just let me know what proof you need from me :smile:
Yes, I read that, but I'm afraid I didn't understand the instructions and how they relate to me? "Please make a thread in ‘Ask a CT’ from your university network so that we can verify this". I left the RVC in the 1980s. Happy to send an email with my real name and details if you PM me the email address or just let me know what proof you need from me :smile:

I think this is the "Ask a CT" thread?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1215
Original post by vetstudent123
I think this is the "Ask a CT" thread?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1215

Thank you, thats really helpful! That link takes me there however I still don't know what to do as I don't understand the university network bit? Is someone from the RVC meant to vouch for me if I post?
Thank you, thats really helpful! That link takes me there however I still don't know what to do as I don't understand the university network bit? Is someone from the RVC meant to vouch for me if I post?

I created a thread offering to help and was then answered with a link to two questions to answer (below) and send in a PM to the two moderators (I think??) mentioned above. I'm just waiting for a reply now. I think you would need to send your answers and they get in touch with how you can prove your qualifications/status?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6107640
Original post by vetstudent123
I created a thread offering to help and was then answered with a link to two questions to answer (below) and send in a PM to the two moderators (I think??) mentioned above. I'm just waiting for a reply now. I think you would need to send your answers and they get in touch with how you can prove your qualifications/status?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6107640

Thanks so much, I've done that now :smile:

You're welcome :smile:

If you have any questions let me know :smile:

Obviously we expect most people to be at uni when they apply, but we can definitely accept people who have graduated! It's the Community Staff who sort out all the perms to be able to access the forum, but they don't take the lead on the service

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending