CITY vs CLIFTON campus Nottingham Trent

Watch
catmcquilkin
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
could someone please explain the difference between the city campus and the Clifton campus at Nottingham Trent. I applied late, and with corona virus ive not been able to go visit any unis but i am so confused at Trent. Does Clifton act as its whole own campus with its own sports teams, clubs, shops, bars etc. I've see on maps that they're quite far away, a 25/30 min bus over busy roads, but without going to the actual city its hard to get a feel for the area.

I really need help as i need to accept my offers soon but i just need someone to explain the campus to me in relation to its relationship with the city campus. Are they completely different. Do people at clifton even go to the city regularly? how do buses at nigh work with coming home from clubs or do you have to get taxis all the time? im getting the impression that clifton is more like a separate campus uni basically independent from the city centre??
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
City campus is better obviously... It's in the city centre... Clifton Campus is kind of out there on the poorer side of Notts tbh.

I went to Uni of Nottingham.... I can't say much to trent actually but i do after three years understand Nottinghams geography. It would be a pain to be at Clifton Campus imo.
renaamz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
People from Clifton go to city all the time, mostlyfor nights out, some even live in the city and just travel to lectures. All the sports teams and stuff are at Clifton I believe, I've been told it also has a better gym than city.
Sorry I can't be of anymore help, I am joining this September, this is just what I've been told.
catmcquilkin
Rep:
?
(Original post by renaamz)
People from Clifton go to city all the time, mostlyfor nights out, some even live in the city and just travel to lectures. All the sports teams and stuff are at Clifton I believe, I've been told it also has a better gym than city.
Sorry I can't be of anymore help, I am joining this September, this is just what I've been told.
thank you!! ive literally only just applied and got the offer so its all very rushed and im trying to find out as much as i can right now ! also, all the accomodation is booked up and i have no idea where to go - i think a lot of people have the same problem.

I though id be in the city surrounded by all the clubs and stuff but obviously not, so do you know if there is much to do in clifton nightlifewise? or is literally everything just in the city and everyone travels from clifton to city?
catmcquilkin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
City campus is better obviously... It's in the city centre... Clifton Campus is kind of out there on the poorer side of Notts tbh.

I went to Uni of Nottingham.... I can't say much to trent actually but i do after three years understand Nottinghams geography. It would be a pain to be at Clifton Campus imo.
thank you ! how long do you think it takes to get from clifton to city then, cause google maps is never as good as local knowledge. also, how do they buses work after nightsout? is there good service or do people have to get taxis back?
renaamz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by catmcquilkin)
thank you!! ive literally only just applied and got the offer so its all very rushed and im trying to find out as much as i can right now ! also, all the accomodation is booked up and i have no idea where to go - i think a lot of people have the same problem.

I though id be in the city surrounded by all the clubs and stuff but obviously not, so do you know if there is much to do in clifton nightlifewise? or is literally everything just in the city and everyone travels from clifton to city?
Tbh I'm not too sure. I'd suggest joining the Nottingham Trent Freshers group on Facebook and asking there, it's full of students, you can probably get all your answers there

In fact I think there is one specifically for Clifton
Last edited by renaamz; 1 year ago
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by catmcquilkin)

There's definitely buses and stuff.....they drive till pretty late, that won't be an issue. Just getting to lecture might be a pain. I mean your not that far away maybe 45 mins by foot... Maybe 25 minutes on a bus (Notts has traffic). Notts is actually pretty small tbh... But it's summer, in winter that 45 mins can be a pain. Taxi's back are fine, you'll pay about £15 alone... They're pretty cheap... I mean why would you be alone... 😂 😂

Your pretty out there dude ngl....i would definitely just get private accomodation... Or are you studying there? Don't know how this works... Like i said I'm uni of... Jubilee campus... 😂 😂 I'm still here 😂.
Last edited by Realitysreflexx; 1 year ago
Nottingham Trent University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey catmcquilkin

First of all, thank you for applying to NTU! Which course have you applied for?

Our Clifton Campus has sports and leisure facilities and shops, bars and cafés too – it's got pretty much everything you'd expect to find on campus.

Clifton Campus is about four miles south of Nottingham city centre, we find that some students choose to live closer to the city in their second and third year and commute in, which is super easy. There's a frequent bus services (up to every 7 minutes at peak lecture times) between our Clifton and City Campuses, and evening buses every 30 minutes, during term time the night bus runs every night from City to Clifton Campus at 00:15, 01:15, 02:15 and 03:15

You can activate your NTU ID card for bus travel to save 15% on monthly prices too.

You should be able to find current students based on Clifton (even on your course) on our online chat, they can give you honest insight based on their own experiences so it's definitely worth checking out if you haven't already.

If you need help with finding accommodation, the best thing to do is contact our Accommodation team, email [email protected] or call +44 (0)115 848 2894.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks
Chris
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.6%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
14.8%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
18%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.4%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (66)
26.4%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.8%

Watched Threads