The Student Room Group

A-levels

Hey who’s doing what at college/sixth form? And why did you decide to go to sixth form/college. I’m trying to work out whether I should go to a sixth form or a college to do my a- levels? I like the structure of school, however I like the idea of freedom that a college gives you... does anyone go to a college and could explain what it’s like?
I’m doing a levels in history, English lit and geography - what are you planning to/doing at the minute?
Original post by Lozie247
Hey who’s doing what at college/sixth form? And why did you decide to go to sixth form/college. I’m trying to work out whether I should go to a sixth form or a college to do my a- levels? I like the structure of school, however I like the idea of freedom that a college gives you... does anyone go to a college and could explain what it’s like?
I’m doing a levels in history, English lit and geography - what are you planning to/doing at the minute?

Hi! I’ve just finished college, and did almost the same A-levels as you: English lit, history and psychology. Personally, I loved the independence and freedom that you gain with going to college, because it’s more focused on treating you more like an adult. We had a sixth form at my school, but I didn’t like how it was still attached to the school and the smaller range of courses. It really depends on what you’re looking for🙂

Quick Reply

Latest