The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent University (NTU) applicants thread 2021

Hi everyone :hello:

If you're thinking about applying to Nottingham Trent University (NTU) for 2021 entry then this is the thread for you.

If you've got any questions, or want to meet other NTU applicants, let us know by answering the below:

Which course are you interested in?
Undergraduate/postgraduate study?
Are you coming to an open day?*
Any questions for NTU?

*Nothing beats seeing us in person, but because that’s not possible at this unusual time, we’re hosting a series of Virtual Open Days to allow you to explore NTU from the comfort of your home. The next one is scheduled for Saturday 24 October, we hope you are going to join us!

Book your place at our Virtual Open Day

Good luck with your application and thanks for considering NTU!

Chris
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I am not 100% sure if I am applying but I am going to the virtual open day.

Civil engineering or similar
undergrad
Yep this Friday :smile:
Any questions for NTU?

What is the student union like? And is there a bit of fun rivalry between Trent and Nottingham Uni?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Definitely my first choice

Economics
undergrad
Yes on Friday
Any questions for NTU?

What are the the extra curricular activities like and how is the social/night life like in Nottingham.
Original post by Becca216
I am not 100% sure if I am applying but I am going to the virtual open day.

Civil engineering or similar
undergrad
Yep this Friday :smile:
Any questions for NTU?

What is the student union like? And is there a bit of fun rivalry between Trent and Nottingham Uni?

Hey @Becca216

Great to hear you're considering NTU and also that you're attending our Virtual Open Day on Friday! I'm really interested to hear how you get on with the Virtual Open Day, so please let me know :biggrin:

Civil Engineering is taught on our City Campus, where the Students’ Union is right at the heart of things (same goes for the Students' Union at our other campuses). There’s so much to get involved with: you can get take your pick of our societies (there are over 120 to choose from) and there’s everything you’d expect from club nights, day and weekend trips and also volunteering opportunities. You'll find more info on the SU this Friday, and you'll also have the chance to speak to students (which you can do now if you don't want to wait, just click here to get in touch).

Every year (although, sadly, we had to cancel this year) NTU and the Uni of Nottingham compete in the Notts Varsity Series, which is really a celebration of student sport within Nottingham, but of course has a competitive edge. The best thing about having two uni's in Nottingham is that there's such a big student community and the city really reflects this, there's so much to do and enjoy.

I hope this helps and that you have a good experience on Friday, let me know if you have any other questions.

Chris
Original post by Sueinder004
Definitely my first choice

Economics
undergrad
Yes on Friday
Any questions for NTU?

What are the the extra curricular activities like and how is the social/night life like in Nottingham.

Hey @Sueinder004, thanks for getting in touch, nice to see you'll be attending on Friday too!

As I mentioned in the above post, Nottingham is a great student city, no matter what your interests or preferences, there really is something for everyone. Our societies range from gaming to knitting, cartooning to creative writing, DJing to singing and archery to football (there's an A-Z list of societies on our Students' Union website), plus there's loads of sport and music activities to get involved in, whether you're playing for fun or in a more serious capacity.

You might also be interested in our volunteering opportunities, both at home and abroad from homelessness, human rights and conservation schemes in the local community, to support work in Romania, Guatemala, Uganda and Fiji, you can really help make a difference.

I hope this helps, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for at our Virtual Open Day on Friday, but if not let me know if you have any other questions.

Chris
Reply 5
My first choice is Nottingham Trent .but the course I want to do I have the requirement grades for everything but maths the requirements is a 6 but I got a 5 in gcse could I still have a chance to get in?

Do you think I can still get in?Which course are you interested in?
Computer science with foundation year

Undergraduate

Are you coming to an open day?
Hopefully
(edited 3 years ago)
Course- law
Undergraduate
Unfortunately not
If I apply in December would you still consider?
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi everyone :hello:

If you're thinking about applying to Nottingham Trent University (NTU) for 2021 entry then this is the thread for you.

If you've got any questions, or want to meet other NTU applicants, let us know by answering the below:

Any questions for NTU?

*Obviously nothing beats seeing us in person, but that’s not possible at this unusual time. We’re launching our Virtual Open Day on Friday 26 June. It’s your opportunity to get a real sense of what it's like to study at NTU all from the comfort of your own home!

Book your place at our Virtual Open Day

Good luck with your application and thanks for considering NTU!

Chris

Accounting and Finance BA Hons
Undergraduate
Yes, but I believe the ones coming up are virtual.
Any questions for NTU?

Is it okay to go there if you have a family member who went there?
Original post by Mulanii
My first choice is Nottingham Trent .but the course I want to do I have the requirement grades for everything but maths the requirements is a 6 but I got a 5 in gcse could I still have a chance to get in?

Do you think I can still get in?Which course are you interested in?
Computer science with foundation year

Undergraduate

Are you coming to an open day?
Hopefully

Hi Mulanii,

Thank you for getting in touch.

It may be tricky to be accepted on a course that requires GCSE Maths 6 if you have 5. Can you please confirm which course this is? For BSc (Hons) Computer Science, you only need a 4. For most of our courses, the highest grade we ask for is a 5 in Maths, with the large majority only requiring a 4.

Do you have any other Maths qualifications that we could consider instead? If not, I would perhaps suggest opting for a different course or alternatively resitting your GCSE exam this year. Does this make sense? Have you got any other questions?

I have updated the information about our virtual open days. If you want to get a feel for NTU and our courses, you are welcome to join us on Saturday the 24th of October.

Thank you,

Andrea
Original post by Shaunatait
Course- law
Undergraduate
Unfortunately not
If I apply in December would you still consider?

Hi Shaunatait,

Nice to hear from you! Yes, of course you would be considered. If you apply before the 15th of January, your application will receive 'equal consideration', meaning that it doesn't matter if you applied in December or January, you will not be penalised for this. Does this help?

We have a new series of Virtual Open days coming up, you can check out the details here. They are a great opportunity if you are not sure about your options.

I hope this helps,

Andrea
Original post by mjhmichael18
Accounting and Finance BA Hons
Undergraduate
Yes, but I believe the ones coming up are virtual.
Any questions for NTU?

Is it okay to go there if you have a family member who went there?

Hi there mjhmichael 18,

I hope you are well.

Yes of course it is, that wouldn't be an issue at all. You are correct, the next series of open days are all virtual. Do reserve a place if you want to find out more about NTU. You can do so here, I hope this helps.

Have a great day,

Andrea
Hello,
I am an international student (Non-EU) . Applied through UCAS to NTU 2 weeks ago for September 2021

1. I have applied for Computer Science
2. Will be studying undergraduate

How long does NTU normally take to reply back with an offer? Its been 2 weeks since I have applied - haven't heard anything since :frown: Upcoming week will be the third week since I have applied. Is it because I have applied early and admission officers are waiting for more applications to come in?
Sorry, I am too impatient :tongue:
Hey,

I'm looking for some advice, I am applying for psychology in the 2021 series, but I feel my qualifications may be a huge problem, as I only do two A-Levels and a UAL extended diploma (equivalent to 3 A-Levels/ BTEC extended diploma), in which I am predicted a Merit.
In my two A-Levels, I am predicted an A and B.
(I am also eligible for a contextual offer)
I really wanted to apply to Nottingham Trent, but I know how many people apply there, so do you think it is likely I will not be accepted, given I don't have 3 A-Levels?

I would be really grateful if somebody could give me guidance on this or recommend places I could apply to.
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Mulanii,

It may be tricky to be accepted on a course that requires GCSE Maths 6 if you have 5. Can you please confirm which course this is? For BSc (Hons) Computer Science, you only need a 4. For most of our courses, the highest grade we ask for is a 5 in Maths, with the large majority only requiring a 4.

Do you have any other Maths qualifications that we could consider instead? If not, I would perhaps suggest opting for a different course or alternatively resitting your GCSE exam this year. Does this make sense? Have you got any other questions?

I have updated the information about our virtual open days. If you want to get a feel for NTU and our courses, you are welcome to join us on Saturday the 24th of October.

Thank you,

Andrea

Thanks for the reply .
I called in awhile back and the lady said that during clearing their grade requirements for maths was reduced to a 5 which I had . At the moment I’m studying engineering which has further maths involved , could that be of any help?
The course is computer science with a foundation year.

Thank you for your help ❤️
I’m an international student. I’ve applied to NTU for January 2021 intake about a month ago and still no reply yet :frown: making me anxious :s-smilie: How long does it take usually?
Reply 15
Hi, visited Nottingham Trent last weekend and was impressed by the Business School building! What is the minimum predicted grades I would need to get to apply for Business Management course?
Original post by Anonymous
I’m an international student. I’ve applied to NTU for January 2021 intake about a month ago and still no reply yet :frown: making me anxious :s-smilie: How long does it take usually?

Hi,

Thank you for posting a question.

Please don't worry, we have only recently started processing applications for January 2021. I am sure you will hear from us soon, however, if you want to check the status of your application, do call us on 0115 848 4200. We will be more than happy to help and reassure you!

I wish you all the best with your application and future studies,

Andrea
Original post by uni2021
Hi, visited Nottingham Trent last weekend and was impressed by the Business School building! What is the minimum predicted grades I would need to get to apply for Business Management course?

Hi Uni2021,

Thank you for your feedback, it is an impressive building with great facilities, isn't it? I do encourage you to join us on the next virtual open day (you can find more information in the opening post) to hear about all the things that our business students get involved in.

Your question cannot be easily answered, as we tend to assess applications on a case-by-case basis. I would suggest contacting our Enquiries Team on 0115 848 4200 or via the AskNTU form to discuss your individual circumstances.

Do let me know if there is anything else I can do to help,

Andrea
I'm thinking of applying for a Msc in Advertising and Marketing Communications for the January 2021 start. What is the deadline for applications? I'm also wondering what the contact time for the course is / the expected number of self study hours? Thanks!
Which course are you interested in? Adult nursingUndergraduate/postgraduate study? UndergraduateAre you coming to an open day?* Booked a day in November Any questions for NTU? Are there specific halls for those who are doing healthcare degrees?

Quick Reply

Latest