The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent University (NTU) applicants thread 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laurwaarrr
I'm thinking of applying for a Msc in Advertising and Marketing Communications for the January 2021 start. What is the deadline for applications? I'm also wondering what the contact time for the course is / the expected number of self study hours? Thanks!

Hi Laurwaarrr,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We don't have specific deadlines for our postgraduate courses, as we would take applications until courses fill up. This is why we encourage early applications. Bear in mind though that if you need a visa to study in the UK, you need to apply at least a month before the course start date.

With regard to the course structure, may I ask you to get in touch with us for more information? You may of course also consider attending our postgraduate virtual open day.

Best of luck with your application,

Andrea
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by zaynabiqbal
Which course are you interested in? Adult nursingUndergraduate/postgraduate study? UndergraduateAre you coming to an open day?* Booked a day in November Any questions for NTU? Are there specific halls for those who are doing healthcare degrees?

Hi Zaynabiqbal,

I hope you are well.

No, there aren't. The accommodation booking system is the same across all subjects, so you may share the floor with students from different subjects. Does this answer your question?

Thank you,

Andrea
Ah okay. Thankyou
Has anyone received an offer letter yet for 2021 intake? If so, when did you send off your application?
Original post by hellothere08
Has anyone received an offer letter yet for 2021 intake? If so, when did you send off your application?

Which intake for 2021? January or September? I applied for September 2021 about a month ago ( 21 September, 2020 ) still have not received anything. My other university choices have already sent me the acknowledgement / welcome email. Nothing from NTU :frown:
Original post by Aashir Siddiqui
Which intake for 2021? January or September? I applied for September 2021 about a month ago ( 21 September, 2020 ) still have not received anything. My other university choices have already sent me the acknowledgement / welcome email. Nothing from NTU :frown:

Right! I’m applying for January 2021 intake. It’s been almost two months since I sent off my application. It’s making me so nervous :afraid:
Right! I’m applying for January 2021 intake. It’s been almost two months since I sent off my application. It’s making me so nervous :afraid:

You should have heard back by now, I suppose. Maybe you should contact the Admissions team through email or call them in order to know the status of your application. Make sure you provide them your UCAS ID ( Personal ID ) or NTU applicant ID ( if you applied directly through their website/portal) in your email. Covid is getting worse in the UK day by day, maybe that is the reason why it is taking so long.
Reply 27
Torn between ntu and aston university as my firm choice, although swaying a little more towards ntu.

Which course are you interested in?
Business management and human resources
Undergraduate/postgraduate study?
Undergraduate
Are you coming to an open day?*
Already been to a virtual open day during lockdown :smile:
Any questions for NTU?

1. Could you please make updated student accommodation YouTube tours as the ones up on your channel are very outdated. Although I know the accommodation facilities haven't changed much, it would be much more appealing.
Original post by Aashir Siddiqui

Hi there both, thank you for getting in touch.

Please don't be nervous. We are currently in the process of assessing applications for January and September 2021 intake. Due to the high number of applications we receive, this can sometimes take longer than expected.

If you could give us a call on 0115 848 4200, we will be happy to provide specific advice and address any concerns you may have.

All the best,

Andrea
Original post by 326888
Torn between ntu and aston university as my firm choice, although swaying a little more towards ntu.

Which course are you interested in?
Business management and human resources
Undergraduate/postgraduate study?
Undergraduate
Are you coming to an open day?*
Already been to a virtual open day during lockdown :smile:
Any questions for NTU?

1. Could you please make updated student accommodation YouTube tours as the ones up on your channel are very outdated. Although I know the accommodation facilities haven't changed much, it would be much more appealing.

Hi, it is really kind of you to take time to provide feedback, it is always appreciated. I shall pass this on to the relevant team right away.

In the meanwhile, can I suggest exploring our facilities and much more through our virtual tour?

We are here if you need any further information.

Thank you,

Andrea
Hi,

I am hoping to apply for Law and Psychology at NTU, with UCAS points. I am currently at a predicted BCC-BBC, but have a D2 in Cambridge Pre-U short course. This will give me a minimum of 124 UCAS points, if I get the lower predicted grades. Is this possible for an application to your law school?

I would also like to ask Nottingham Uni requires the LNAT to be taken, do I have to take it to apply to NTU? And even if I do not, would you advise that I take it to show an edge to the other people applying?

Also, due to coronavirus, the work experience I had was cancelled. This has made my personal statement lack effectiveness, can you share any ideas on how to tune it to your Uni? As NTU is my first choice.
MI’m studying an access to higher course nursing Do you accept that
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I am hoping to apply for Law and Psychology at NTU, with UCAS points. I am currently at a predicted BCC-BBC, but have a D2 in Cambridge Pre-U short course. This will give me a minimum of 124 UCAS points, if I get the lower predicted grades. Is this possible for an application to your law school?

I would also like to ask Nottingham Uni requires the LNAT to be taken, do I have to take it to apply to NTU? And even if I do not, would you advise that I take it to show an edge to the other people applying?

Also, due to coronavirus, the work experience I had was cancelled. This has made my personal statement lack effectiveness, can you share any ideas on how to tune it to your Uni? As NTU is my first choice.

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch, we really appreciate it!

We offer a number of undergraduate courses in law, you can find a complete list here. For our LLB Law FT, you should aim to gain 120 UCAS tariff points from 3 A-level or equivalent qualifications. This means that we wouldn't initially consider your additional Pre-U certificate when assessing your application. Your predicted grades are quite good though, so I would definitely encourage you to apply! On result's day, your predicted grades may be more than sufficient for your place to be confirmed and we may even take your Pre-U certificate into account! This is simply something that we are unable to confirm at this stage, as it will depend on the overall performance of students next year.

We do not require the LNAT, so unless you want to complete it, I wouldn't particularly recommend it. If you are planning on joining us for our virtual open days, you will have the opportunity to discuss this in more detail with the relevant academics. Please note that we also need English and Maths GCSEs passes.

Your question about the personal statement is a very good one. Our admissions and academic department have teamed up to provide guidance to those students wishing to apply to NTU, and here's the result. I hope you will find it useful!

We are glad to hear that you would like to join our community! Do come along to our virtual open day if you can, they can really help you make your mind up and understand your options. If you have any other questions, just fire away! :smile:

Andrea
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Moonishaaa
MI’m studying an access to higher course nursing Do you accept that

Hi Moonishaaa, thank you for posting here. As a general rule we do. However, it will also depend on which course you wish to apply to. Are you able to call us on 0115 848 4200 to discuss this in more detail?

Andrea
Hi everyone :hello:

We know that choosing the right course and uni is a big decision, and if you’re wondering how to narrow down your choices we’re here to help!

We’re running a session within The Student Room at 5 pm on Thursday 12 November (tomorrow!) all about choosing the right university for you, and how to make a shortlist of your options. You’ll find us at 5 pm on Thursday on the Application Surgeries - How do I make my uni choices? thread head over there now to submit your questions and we’ll answer as many as we can tomorrow.

Hopefully see you there!
(edited 3 years ago)
I’ve just sent off my application how long does it take for Nottingham Trent to reply
Reply 36
Will you be holding in person applicant/offer holder days?
Reply 37
Original post by Af762014
I’ve just sent off my application how long does it take for Nottingham Trent to reply

I sent mine off last Thursday. All I’ve received from NTU so far is an acknowledgment email in the email it says it can take up for 10 days for them to process you application.
Original post by 326888
I sent mine off last Thursday. All I’ve received from NTU so far is an acknowledgment email in the email it says it can take up for 10 days for them to process you application.

I sent mine off on October 20th but still waiting.
Reply 39
Original post by 2001Nicki
I sent mine off on October 20th but still waiting.

Oh wow :frown: have you received any other offers so far?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending