josie71202
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I want to apply to an HND at Kingston college but I don't know if I need to sign up to UCAS and draft a personal statement or whether it's through a separate site. I'm applying for 2021 by the way
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I think you apply direct to the college rather than UCAS for Further/HE colleges. UCAS is uni's only.

I did my HNC at a college so applied direct, when i wanted to go to uni to finish my HND I had to go through UCAS.
josie71202
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)
I think you apply direct to the college rather than UCAS for Further/HE colleges. UCAS is uni's only.

I did my HNC at a college so applied direct, when i wanted to go to uni to finish my HND I had to go through UCAS.
OK I'm gonna check UCAS since the apply now link takes you there
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by josie71202)
OK I'm gonna check UCAS since the apply now link takes you there
So it does. Must admit i'm not sure why, all their HNC/HND courses lead to the UCAS page "Applying for university and college degree courses" which isn't v clear :/ But their BTEC ones all take you to their own system.

They do offer some outside accredited degrees though, which might have something to do with it.
josie71202
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)
So it does. Must admit i'm not sure why, all their HNC/HND courses lead to the UCAS page "Applying for university and college degree courses" which isn't v clear :/ But their BTEC ones all take you to their own system.

They do offer some outside accredited degrees though, which might have something to do with it.
I've emailed them because it's incredibly confusing and not on there
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by josie71202)
I've emailed them because it's incredibly confusing and not on there
Yeah def best asking them for a clarification, there does seem to be a bit of variety over what exactly colleges are and do these days.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
31.58%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.5%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.71%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.21%
No - I live at home during term anyway (38)
25%

Watched Threads