iramm_s
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Does anyone know whether the autumn AS level exams will go on? I heard there is a possibility of it being cancelled due to the virus.

- Student from Dubai
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by iramm_s)
Does anyone know whether the autumn AS level exams will go on? I heard there is a possibility of it being cancelled due to the virus.

- Student from Dubai
Are you talking about the autumn retakes? So far, the plan is for these to go ahead as normal- I think as many steps will be taken as possible to stop them being cancelled in the UK.

However, if exam centers in Dubai can't open, then it may be that they can't go ahead there. I'd speak to your exam center and see what they know, but it's very early days!
iramm_s
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Are you talking about the autumn retakes? So far, the plan is for these to go ahead as normal- I think as many steps will be taken as possible to stop them being cancelled in the UK.

However, if exam centers in Dubai can't open, then it may be that they can't go ahead there. I'd speak to your exam center and see what they know, but it's very early days!
No not the retakes, I was supposed to take an exam in May-June 2020 so I’m guessing since that didn’t happen I can take it this Autumn? Are autumn exams held just for retakes?
username4247768
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
In Wales, AS exams are cancelled. If you do want to resit you have to do so in september
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
If you are talking about the regular autumn series of International AS levels, then I believe they are still going ahead. There is nothing on the CIE website to suggest otherwise, although your school will know if government regulations will permit them to be held in Dubai this year.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
No not the retakes, I was supposed to take an exam in May-June 2020 so I’m guessing since that didn’t happen I can take it this Autumn? Are autumn exams held just for retakes?
In the UK they are, but internationally there is an Autumn series. AFIAK the autumn series is going ahead as normal but this might vary by country?
iramm_s
Rep:
?
(Original post by 学生の父)
If you are talking about the regular autumn series of International AS levels, then I believe they are still going ahead. There is nothing on the CIE website to suggest otherwise, although your school will know if government regulations will permit them to be held in Dubai this year.
Im planning to do it privately thru the British council so I can’t really reach out to a school to find out more details. I’m specifically looking for information regarding the AS Biology XBI11 exam. Thanks for your response tho, do let me know if you get to know any new information!
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Im planning to do it privately thru the British council so I can’t really reach out to a school to find out more details. I’m specifically looking for information regarding the AS Biology XBI11 exam. Thanks for your response tho, do let me know if you get to know any new information!
I understand. Why don't you drop the British Council in Dubai a line to see how they see things re the autumn exams?

I believe their online customer services have reopened in UAE --- [email protected] g 600 529 995.
iramm_s
Rep:
?
(Original post by 学生の父)
I understand. Why don't you drop the British Council in Dubai a line to see how they see things re the autumn exams?

I believe their online customer services have reopened in UAE --- [email protected] g 600 529 995.
Oh yeah, I probably should! -sigh- I dont know why I didnt think of this earlier-
Thanks for your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (94)
28.23%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.21%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
18.62%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (33)
9.91%
No - I live at home during term anyway (100)
30.03%

Watched Threads