The Student Room Group

i'm failing art a-level

idk how its working for other schools, but my school has been setting work or us on google classroom during this whole lock down thing.
i'm a sixth form student and i do a level art.
i have literally had no motivation at ALL to do my work and now we're supposed to be doing end of year assessments, but the thing is i have little to nothing in my sketchbook as well as barely a plan for my final piece (which they expect us to do at home)
i don't really know what i'm asking, like maybe i just need advice or reassurance or something ??????
if anyone has anything that could help me not fail art it would be greatly appreciated (i'm lowkey freaking out and my art teacher is useless)
Everyone is suffering. There has been major disruption. The fact that you are trying to help yourself bodes well. Well with art, I know failing students who went on to get As. Its the final pieces. You also have to write essays. So you need to know the game a bit. Think of banksy -that is A star work. Its the intelligence behind it rather than the time spent on the work. But dont underestimate how much time it will take to make a good piece of work. You have to show your chain of thought and developmental process- like experimented with someones idea or used other artists work to give you ideas. That needs to show. So a few experimental works then a final piece. Ask teacher questions, you will be surprised how much they know and appreciate when you do, even the bad ones.
I know is not as bad but I’m probably going to fail my art gcse depending on what my teacher predicted me 😂
Reply 3
Original post by Sonal2019
Everyone is suffering. There has been major disruption. The fact that you are trying to help yourself bodes well. Well with art, I know failing students who went on to get As. Its the final pieces. You also have to write essays. So you need to know the game a bit. Think of banksy -that is A star work. Its the intelligence behind it rather than the time spent on the work. But dont underestimate how much time it will take to make a good piece of work. You have to show your chain of thought and developmental process- like experimented with someones idea or used other artists work to give you ideas. That needs to show. So a few experimental works then a final piece. Ask teacher questions, you will be surprised how much they know and appreciate when you do, even the bad ones.

i'll try keep what you've said in mind
Reply 4
Original post by andrei00
I know is not as bad but I’m probably going to fail my art gcse depending on what my teacher predicted me 😂

oh man i feel so bad for you gcse lot
im sure your grade will be better then you might think tho !!
Original post by andrei00

Predicted grades does not mean much. Its institutionalised racism in my opinion. I think focus on the real thing.
I'm in the same boat, I've been working on my final piece for around 6 weeks mainly because I spend like 2 hours on the painting and the rest is me doing experiments to go alongside

BUT

Don't doubt yourself because everyone is suffering and hopefully that means some leniancy! I would def ask your teachers for extra support
Reply 7
Original post by tanteseo
I'm in the same boat, I've been working on my final piece for around 6 weeks mainly because I spend like 2 hours on the painting and the rest is me doing experiments to go alongside

BUT

Don't doubt yourself because everyone is suffering and hopefully that means some leniancy! I would def ask your teachers for extra support

i tried asking my teacher for help but she literally just GHOSTED me </3
i emailed for help and she said okay send your work and i’ll tell you what you can do and whatnot, then i sent it and she never said anything back
but omg hope your final piece and stuff is going well !!
Original post by yazksj
i tried asking my teacher for help but she literally just GHOSTED me </3
i emailed for help and she said okay send your work and i’ll tell you what you can do and whatnot, then i sent it and she never said anything back
but omg hope your final piece and stuff is going well !!

oh my god thats so annoying !! honestly if she ghosted you, you might as well ghost her back haha

Quick Reply

Latest