User_3012
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello everyone
I am having trouble deciding between computer science or aerospace engineering.
Maths is my favourite subject which is why I am going towards these degrees, but I do not want to study a maths degree, if anyone is suggesting it.

I have an interest in aircraft, and will like to learn about how things fly, maybe work in a aerospace company.
However I have started learning to code using html and css, where I am a complete beginner, and have found it interesting as-well. I have also started python. These are being learnt by YouTube.

I have looked at discrete maths, which is found in Computer science, and I don’t like the way it looks

I don’t know what to choose between them?
Can someone help me please?
Boliviabba
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Computer science
User_3012
Rep:
?
(Original post by Boliviabba)
Computer science
Can you give me reasons why? 😂

Thank you for replying
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You can work in the aero industry pretty easily with a computer science degree but it's somewhat more difficult to go the other way around.

Also discrete mathematics is used in aerospace degrees a lot too, namely in control systems.

You could do an aerospace degree at a uni which has a pretty big programming component, but as said you'll be encountering more discrete maths at those unis. Though discrete maths really isn't that bad, you'll learn it quite quickly.
User_3012
Rep:
?
(Original post by Helloworld_95)
You can work in the aero industry pretty easily with a computer science degree but it's somewhat more difficult to go the other way around.

Also discrete mathematics is used in aerospace degrees a lot too, namely in control systems.

You could do an aerospace degree at a uni which has a pretty big programming component, but as said you'll be encountering more discrete maths at those unis. Though discrete maths really isn't that bad, you'll learn it quite quickly.
Can you tell me how can I know if I will enjoy studying computer science?

Can you give me some examples like enjoying coding or something?
Thank you
User_3012
Rep:
?
If you don’t mind me asking what degree did you study, if you have went to university?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.49%
I'm not sure (51)
4.53%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (331)
29.42%
I have already dropped out (34)
3.02%
I'm not a current university student (546)
48.53%

Watched Threads