Have your say: GCSE and A-level exams in 2021 might be held later in the summer

Watch
tam13
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Here's where you can post a comment about our GCSE and A-level exams in 2021 might be held later in the summer article.

Read the full GCSE and A-level exams in 2021 might be held later in the summer article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
Advertisement
rajukeenan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It is true. It will be on next summer.
Turtle01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think it's actually a unique opportunity in a weird way. We'll be getting more time to revise (in one sense) than ordinary Year 13s would
Advertisement
SuperiorPotato
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I have three things to ask Are they allowed to put exams on in the summer holidays? And wouldn't this mean everything will be delayed for us compared to other years? We'll get our results later and get into Universities at a later date or would it still be normal?
Bino2012
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It won’t work, a few weeks makes no difference, it prolongs stress. Also by putting them back it shortens how long the people have to mark them in time for university. It doesn’t work and shortens our last Summer together
Advertisement
kpatel18
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i believe that we do need the extra time to prepare for some of the most important exams in our life, which will determine how well the rest of your life can be mapped out e.g. for college or uni. students at home may be getting barely any support or video-called teaching. for example, my school just set the work and leave you to do it by a deadline, but other schools may actual do a zoom call for each lesson. by not having these facilities some students are really missing out on a good and well-deserved education and no-one knows each and every student's situations at home e.g. do they have a safe, quiet and comfortable place to work, do they have the resources and a laptop with reliable network. so many people don't, and there isn't any time to cover what we have missed in these 4 months unless exams are held off for a good month or so, or at least changed according to the situation. it isn't fair on those who have been trying but mental health has got the better of them, and it isn't fair to those who just don't understand. most schools and teachers have been great to support and help their students, but there are always those teachers that respond to a query 5 weeks after it was sent, which is not only unhelpful but severely off-putting. simply put, this isn't fair on any student trying to cope, and something needs to be done in order to fix it or make it a more ideal and controllable situation which us students can process and use as our strength, like all the years and students before us.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (22)
8.76%
Confident (30)
11.95%
Indifferent (43)
17.13%
Unsure (67)
26.69%
Worried (89)
35.46%

Watched Threads

Latest