The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Paulio T
How does that work?

Certain individuals who have experienced hardship or live in a certain area receive adjusted entry requirements. Correct me if incorrect, but I believe securing the minimum entry requirements and having a UCAT which ranks in the top 75% of those who apply to Aberdeen are guaranteed an interview if they live in a targeted area.
Original post by AKK423
REACH students are guaranteed an interview if their UCAT score is above the 75th percentile of all the applicants to Aberdeen and have met the minimum entry requirements.

I had a UCAT roughly in the 93rd percentile and my grades are fine as well. Basically it means the personal statement and a few other factors just don't matter.

Thanks - interesting.
Thank you again for your application to the University of Aberdeen for September 2021 entry.

We are currently working through our applications and hope to start making offers in the near future. Our admissions team will be in contact with the outcome of their decision.

Just got this email from Aberdeen!
Original post by NicoleDV
Thank you again for your application to the University of Aberdeen for September 2021 entry.

We are currently working through our applications and hope to start making offers in the near future. Our admissions team will be in contact with the outcome of their decision.

Yes, me too- bit gutted it wasn't an interview invite after the chat on here yesterday, but fingers crossed we hear soon :smile:
Original post by sconemd
Yes, me too- bit gutted it wasn't an interview invite after the chat on here yesterday, but fingers crossed we hear soon :smile:

Me too! Ahhhh I seen ‘save the date’ and nearly had a heart attack 😂 Hopefully soon!
Me too! Ahhhh I seen ‘save the date’ and nearly had a heart attack 😂 Hopefully soon!

I had the exact same reaction 😂
This is torture!
Got this same email and I thought it was interview HAHA got gassed for no reason :frown:

Unsolicited email or did you contact them?

it was from the uni - did you not get one?

Unsolicited - it was just giving info about upcoming applicant evenings.
Yes also got one 😂
Original post by bbuuzz

I didn’t get one 🤷🏼*♀️
Original post by bbuuzz

Nope :frown:
Nope :frown:

I wouldn’t read into it, it’s more so from their marketing team about online events and these things sometimes take hours to go out due to the sheer amount of people on the mailing list :smile:
Didn’t get one either 😮
Yeah, I would not worry too much. It was just an email to tell us they will be holding virtual events over December & January. They did mention that attendance at this event is not part of the application process and does not affect your application, so don't worry.
Like somebody said you would probably get it later in the day (maybe it might be a good idea to make sure they have your correct email)
Original post by Lauren566
I wouldn’t read into it, it’s more so from their marketing team about online events and these things sometimes take hours to go out due to the sheer amount of people on the mailing list :smile:

I like your spirit. I had resigned myself to a gap year after reading that post
Just got an email for interview invite :smile:
Original post by Omair1201
Just got an email for interview invite :smile:

Congratulations! Are you a Home / International student?
Just got my interview invite, took the 30th November :smile: exciting!

Latest

Trending

Trending