ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago

Welcome to the Anglia Ruskin University A100 2021 Entry Discussion.

ARU A100 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5850014

For general information click: https://aru.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/medicine

For entry requirements click: https://aru.ac.uk/study/undergraduat...ryrequirements

ARU A100 2021 Offer Holders' threead: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6917850

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by ecolier; 5 months ago
chazzacakes
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What was the UCAT cut off score last year?
Abz231
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
Theres no cut offs for UCAT scores, they'll just rank you by your UCAT score and a few will be invited to the interview - that's if you meet the main academic entry requirements but if your SJT is Band 4 you wont be considered for interview any more (2019 onwards).
Are you sure about this? I emailed them and they said something else
Abz231
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah there's no imposed cut off, so they're not saying 'you need at least 650', e.g. but in reality their cut off was around 610, 615 ish over the past couple of years
Banshee123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone know how many places ARU have for graduates?
chikubittoo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Please can someone share their
1) Selection criteria for interview offer
2) Number of seats for Home Students (Undergraduate)
3) Do they accept (GCSEs resit)

Thanks
therealbeyonceee
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Could anyone who has a place on the medicine course this year please share your story? I'm looking to apply to ARU this September but my predicted grades are AAB and I'm worried about the MMI interviews as I've heard ARU has a lot more stations than other universities. Thank you
Anonymous778
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi, my stats are 5A*s 2As 1B 1C,
Predicted A*A*A, ucat is 640 Band 1.
Am I likely to get an interview?
username4338688
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi
I am applying for medicine as a graduate, is there any GCSE & A Level requirements

TIA
GANFYD
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by SAK1)
Hi
I am applying for medicine as a graduate, is there any GCSE & A Level requirements

TIA
No A level requirements, I don't think
Five GCSEs grades A-C including Maths, Eng Lang and two science subjects.
KimCW
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
With so many deferred students, will it be extra competitive to get a place for new applicants in 2021?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by KimCW)
With so many deferred students, will it be extra competitive to get a place for new applicants in 2021?
Maybe, but EU students having to pay international fees will make things easier for home / UK / Irish students.
Abz231
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous778)
Hi, my stats are 5A*s 2As 1B 1C,
Predicted A*A*A, ucat is 640 Band 1.
Am I likely to get an interview?
They shortlist to interview based on UCAT and last years cut off was 607.5 so yeah you are
Tintubmum
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hello all. Is there any one from ARU here?
I see they don't have a cut off, but I see 'extra points' for east of England and Essex.We are from outside those areas so really looking to see if any one knows how many seats are reserved for east of England and Essex and how many for rest of UK.GANFYD can you help at all?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Tintubmum)
Hello all. Is there any one from ARU here?
I see they don't have a cut off, but I see 'extra points' for east of England and Essex.We are from outside those areas so really looking to see if any one knows how many seats are reserved for east of England and Essex and how many for rest of UK.GANFYD can you help at all?
No idea, sorry. Generally about 20% of places are put aside at most med schools for any for of WP applicants
username3978178
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi does anyone know the lowest possible UCAT score Anglia Ruskin has accepted? I unfortunately got 2390 and band 3 due to my failure in VR despite getting above 600 in every other section. Thanks in advance!
username3978178
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi so I got 2390 and Band 3 on UCAT. I got above 600 in all sections apart from VR which was very disappointing. I’m thinking of applying to the ARU widening medicine for grades ABB, which I am eligible for. But I don’t know if my average UCAT is even good enough to consider applying to? I know Keele doesn’t focus on UCAT so I’m debating whether to switch them out. But someone please tell me if it’s likely I would be accepted into ARU with this UCAT score?
username3978178
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Is it worth applying to ARU's Widening Access Medicine Course with the required ABB grades but a UCAT score of 2390 and Band 3 .
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by studybuddy1302)
Is it worth applying to ARU's Widening Access Medicine Course with the required ABB grades but a UCAT score of 2390 and Band 3 .
There is no point posting this question in lots of different places. This is the type of thing you need to research for yourself and probably contact ARU about, as advised
A simple google search has found
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...coming-1401610

This suggests WAMS applicants had the same cut off score in 2018 as non-WAMS and it was actually higher in 2019.
You can speak to ARU and/or put in an FOI for 2020's info (though you are short on time for them to respond now). I have always found them to be pretty open, so I supsect they will tell you if you ask. Then please post it on here so others can see the answer
username3978178
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
There is no point posting this question in lots of different places. This is the type of thing you need to research for yourself and probably contact ARU about, as advised
A simple google search has found
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...coming-1401610

This suggests WAMS applicants had the same cut off score in 2018 as non-WAMS and it was actually higher in 2019.
You can speak to ARU and/or put in an FOI for 2020's info (though you are short on time for them to respond now). I have always found them to be pretty open, so I supsect they will tell you if you ask. Then please post it on here so others can see the answer
Sorry I have done A LOT of research but this in a way, asking for help on TSR and getting a broad range of answers from people whom were in the same situation or is in the same situation as me is research in a way itself. But thanks for the link.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (31)
5.39%
Uncertainty around my education (67)
11.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.48%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.04%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.74%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (30)
5.22%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (61)
10.61%
Financial worries (36)
6.26%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (23)
4%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.91%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.61%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (57)
9.91%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
8.17%

Watched Threads