The Student Room Group

Anglia Ruskin University A100 2021 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abz231
I emailed them a while back and this was their response:

"In 2018 the cut-off was 2480. In 2019 it was 2440, dropping to 2420 for applicants living locally. This year [2020] it was 2430 for school leavers and 2550 for graduates, dropping to 2410 and 2530 respectively for those living locally. Generally speaking anyone achieving these scores or higher are invited to interview. However, if we have to have a tie-break we would use SJT Band. Last year and this year we did not interview anyone with SJT Band 4 regardless of how high their UCAT score was."

And yes I saw that somewhere probably on this page but forgot where so just saw the school leavers cut off for 2020 and got excited
Reply 61
Original post by Psych2GradMed21
That doesn’t fill me with hope but thank you very much. It’s a shame because my UCAT is fine for a school leaver but low for a graduate. I guess it depends on the averages this year. I’ll have to keep an eye. Thank you.

Ah sorry to hear. Any other uni that would consider you? Keele, Sunderland, Plymouth?
Original post by Abz231
Ah sorry to hear. Any other uni that would consider you? Keele, Sunderland, Plymouth?

Yes I’m going to have to look into them now
Reply 63
Yes I’m going to have to look into them now

I'm sure there a courses excel sheet somewhere in TSR which really helped me narrow down what I was eligible for and what I had good chances at. It was called something like gem and standard entry course requirements and had all the details about each course
Original post by Furbs
I'm sure there a courses excel sheet somewhere in TSR which really helped me narrow down what I was eligible for and what I had good chances at. It was called something like gem and standard entry course requirements and had all the details about each course

I’ll have a look thank you
Original post by Furbs

Hi, just seen this! Is it okay if u could post the link to the excel sheet.

Thanks in advance
Reply 66
Original post by SAK1
Hi, just seen this! Is it okay if u could post the link to the excel sheet.

Thanks in advance

I've tried and I can't find it. But here is one that i downloaded earlier in the year. Can't guarantee the Info on it. But it did help me in making choices a lot as i then went to individual websites and checked it for myself only for the unis I was interested in

I’ll have a look thank you

Here you go. So sorry I couldnt find a link
Original post by Furbs
I've tried and I can't find it. But here is one that i downloaded earlier in the year. Can't guarantee the Info on it. But it did help me in making choices a lot as i then went to individual websites and checked it for myself only for the unis I was interested in

Here you go. So sorry I couldnt find a link

Thank you so much! 😊
Original post by Abz231
I emailed them a while back and this was their response:

"In 2018 the cut-off was 2480. In 2019 it was 2440, dropping to 2420 for applicants living locally. This year [2020] it was 2430 for school leavers and 2550 for graduates, dropping to 2410 and 2530 respectively for those living locally. Generally speaking anyone achieving these scores or higher are invited to interview. However, if we have to have a tie-break we would use SJT Band. Last year and this year we did not interview anyone with SJT Band 4 regardless of how high their UCAT score was."

Wait so i got 2450 band 2 do i stand a chance at an interview then
Reply 69
Original post by ansazzer
Wait so i got 2450 band 2 do i stand a chance at an interview then

risky imo, only one way to find out :wink:
Reply 70
The government have a cap on the amount of medical students trained in any one year so the no. of places for home students remains the same but the no. of applicants will just be greater than ever unless someone petitions the snakes in Westminster to act on what the promise and actually support the NHS
Original post by KimCW
The government have a cap on the amount of medical students trained in any one year so the no. of places for home students remains the same but the no. of applicants will just be greater than ever unless someone petitions the snakes in Westminster to act on what the promise and actually support the NHS

Yes I know that but it'll still be easier from 2021/22 onwards becaue there's less competition for the home students (with the EU students no longer competing with the home students for those places).

Plus of course, the long term goal is always to slowly increase the number of medical school places year-on-year.

Of course the government has a direct control - I have explained this all around the forum, it costs the government £163,000 to train each med student and they also have to be strict because the number of final year medical students has to be in proportion with the number of FY1 doctor posts in 5 years time.

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)
Hello,
I was wondering if being an applicant who lives in London and not in the East of England would put me at a disadvantage to other applicants who may be from essex and the east side of England?

My stats are:
Meet the minimum GCSE requirements
2650 Band 1 UCAT
Predicted AAA
Good PS with wide range of work experience/volunteering

Do you think I will be able to get an interview?
Reply 73
Original post by aspiringmedic:0
Hello,
I was wondering if being an applicant who lives in London and not in the East of England would put me at a disadvantage to other applicants who may be from essex and the east side of England?

My stats are:
Meet the minimum GCSE requirements
2650 Band 1 UCAT
Predicted AAA
Good PS with wide range of work experience/volunteering

Do you think I will be able to get an interview?

As ARU say on their website, they do give extra weighting to people from the local area "shortlisting points allocated for living or studying up to one academic year prior to the time of your application in the East of England region, with further points for Essex".

I think this translated to a slightly lower UCAT cut off
Original post by GANFYD
As ARU say on their website, they do give extra weighting to people from the local area "shortlisting points allocated for living or studying up to one academic year prior to the time of your application in the East of England region, with further points for Essex".

I think this translated to a slightly lower UCAT cut off

Ok thanks, what do you think this years cut off will be?
Reply 75
Original post by aspiringmedic:0
Ok thanks, what do you think this years cut off will be?

No idea, but usually cut offs are fairly stable in their position in the deciles, so if deciles go up, cut offs might, too
Hi
The resit policy does not apply to the CAG (Centre assessed grades) awarded in Summer 2020. We will consider the Autumn sitting as the first results.
Hi!

I have a UCAT of 2700, a 1st in Biomedical Science but, bad A-Levels but, good GCSE's and 4 years of hospital experience (HCA).

Will i be able to apply for medicine or will my A-Levels hold me back?

Thanks x
Original post by Amberrose101
Hi!

I have a UCAT of 2700, a 1st in Biomedical Science but, bad A-Levels but, good GCSE's and 4 years of hospital experience (HCA).

Thanks x

Just choose the places that don’t look at or place less emphasis on A levels.
Original post by Amberrose101
Hi!

Thanks x

ARU don’t look at your A levels of you are a graduate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending