The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr-KnowItAll
Health questionnaire was uploaded online using the link they gave us, and the police check is only for international applicants or students who spent more than 6 months out of the UK in the last 5 years, at least thats as far as I understood.

Thanks!
do you guys think if you haven’t heard back yet then it’s a rejection?
Reminder of TSR rules:

Off site social media group chats are not allowed anywhere on TSR, including via PMs.

This is for your protection as we don't know who makes them, and who joins them. Some of you are under 18.

Please do not ask, mention or advertise them in the forum; or attempt to take discussion off our forum.

The Aston A100 2021 offer holders' thread is here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6908276

Post originally created by ecolier.
Original post by AspiringMedic999
do you guys think if you haven’t heard back yet then it’s a rejection?

Yeah I am starting to think that now. Maybe they will give more offers on the last day but I doubt we will hear back until 20th May.
Original post by Ghajman_03
Yeah I am starting to think that now. Maybe they will give more offers on the last day but I doubt we will hear back until 20th May.

someone told me they called and they said they have about 200 decisions left to make if that’s reassuring
Original post by AspiringMedic999
someone told me they called and they said they have about 200 decisions left to make if that’s reassuring

Even if this is wrong pls no one contradict it, I need the hope
Original post by jjwhite
200 decisions, but how many of those would be offers ?

Yes, Aston only made around 320 offers in total last year, and this year most places seem to be cutting offer numbers by about a third due to anticipated grade inflation, so depends how many offers have already been made. Personally, if still waiting for a decision, I would rather hear that number was in the low tens than 200!
There are 120 places (100 Home, 20 international), so the number of offers will mostly be about 2.5 times the places.
Original post by thisisme_
There are 120 places (100 Home, 20 international), so the number of offers will mostly be about 2.5 times the places.

Generally slightly more than that for Aston
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/714165/response/1704258/attach/5/FOI%20AMS%20Consolidated%202020%2021.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

But they had 190 accept places last year. I wonder how many of those have been deferred to start this year, as I do not see they have increased their intake by 160% for last year? Anybody asked?
Original post by GANFYD
Generally slightly more than that for Aston
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/714165/response/1704258/attach/5/FOI%20AMS%20Consolidated%202020%2021.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

But they had 190 accept places last year. I wonder how many of those have been deferred to start this year, as I do not see they have increased their intake by 160% for last year? Anybody asked?

A lot of them have been deferred, including me and like 5 people I personally know, but all unis give more accepts that they have places, because they know not everyone will get the grades
Original post by Mr-KnowItAll
A lot of them have been deferred, including me and like 5 people I personally know, but all unis give more accepts that they have places, because they know not everyone will get the grades

Most of them have cut that considerably this year, due to anticipated grade inflation. Even Cambridge made 1/3 fewer offers, apparently 😮
And fewer places means fewer offers, if some are filled by deferrals from last year.
I just received an offer!
Original post by twkang0115

congrats !
Original post by unknowns13876
congrats !

Thank you
received an offer!
Original post by twkang0115

congrats! When was your interview if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by sj8
congrats! When was your interview if you don't mind me asking?

Congratulations
3As or ABB ?
Original post by Abd123abd
Congratulations
3As or ABB ?

in my email it doesn’t show the entry requirements and it’s not updated on my track so i’m not to sure.
Original post by Abd123abd
Congratulations
3As or ABB ?

congrats,
are you WP
congrats! when was your interview?

Latest

Trending

Trending