The Student Room Group

Barts and the London (QMUL) A100 2021 Entry

Welcome to the Barts and the London (QMUL) A100 2021 Entry Discussion.

QMUL A100 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022340

For general information click: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/smd/undergraduate/courses/a100/

For entry requirements click: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/smd/undergraduate/courses/full-entry-requirements/medicine-mbbs/

QMUL A100 / A101 2021 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6965068

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hello,
so i found this for the 2019/2020 admissions on the QMUL medicine website and i want to know if it still applies as it hasnt been updated. If youre not sure where can i find out if its still the case
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Nealandmichael
Hello,
so i found this for the 2019/2020 admissions on the QMUL medicine website and i want to know if it still applies as it hasnt been updated. If youre not sure where can i find out if its still the case
Attachment not found

Realising Opportunities or specific WP programs usually have guaranteed interviews at a much lower cut off - this happens at most med schools - so I see no reason they would have changed it
Original post by GANFYD
Realising Opportunities or specific WP programs usually have guaranteed interviews at a much lower cut off - this happens at most med schools - so I see no reason they would have changed it

Thank you for responding! I read on the realising opportunities page that if i was to be pred AAB and received an offer, it would be AAB. However, on the ss above its says AAA? That means RO’s website is wrong right
Reply 4
Original post by Nealandmichael
Thank you for responding! I read on the realising opportunities page that if i was to be pred AAB and received an offer, it would be AAB. However, on the ss above its says AAA? That means RO’s website is wrong right

RO usually reduces an offer by at least a grade,I think, so for most med schools, it would be AAB, but for those like Barts who ask for A*AA, it would be AAA
Original post by GANFYD
RO usually reduces an offer by at least a grade,I think, so for most med schools, it would be AAB, but for those like Barts who ask for A*AA, it would be AAA

Hi, everyone! I am Amaya, a 3rd year medical student at Barts (QMUL). All students on the Realising Opportunities or Bridge the Gap programmes are required to achieve a minimum of AAA at A level and be at least on the 3rd decile of the UCAT. If these requirements are met they are automatically selected of interview.

Feel free to ask me any questions about studying medicine at Barts!

Amaya.
Reply 6
Hi guys,
have anyone on here applied for A100 at Barts with a undergrad degree from QMUL and what were your stats please ( degree prediction/ UCAT score ect.)?
Did you get interview and offer?
Any info or tips would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Reply 7
Any non-science grads applying to barts a100?
Reply 8
hey, i'm a biomed grad (2.1) and 2870 ucat, will that be enough as i know you have to score high in the ucat for an interview with a 2.1
Reply 9
Original post by s___97
hey, i'm a biomed grad (2.1) and 2870 ucat, will that be enough as i know you have to score high in the ucat for an interview with a 2.1

Unfortunately, probably not. The only people I have seen interviewed with a 2.1 have had 3200+ in the UCAT
Reply 10
Original post by GANFYD
Unfortunately, probably not. The only people I have seen interviewed with a 2.1 have had 3200+ in the UCAT

hey,
last year i saw on the thread there was someone with 2890?
btw this is a100 not a101 :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by s___97
hey,
last year i saw on the thread there was someone with 2890?
btw this is a100 not a101 :smile:

Sorry, yes, A100 has a lower cut off, so may be an option. There are various FOIs out there, so have a look and see if they give past scores needed
I really want to apply to Barts but only have 152 ucas points. How much do I need to score on my ucat to have any chance of an interview. I will be sitting my ucat in Sep.
Reply 13
Original post by Crumble28
I really want to apply to Barts but only have 152 ucas points. How much do I need to score on my ucat to have any chance of an interview. I will be sitting my ucat in Sep.

https://www.qmul.ac.uk/smd/undergraduate/courses/admissions-statistics-for-medicine--dentistry/

Though it felt a little lower than this on the threads this year, so keep an eye out for them publishing 202's figures
Original post by GANFYD
https://www.qmul.ac.uk/smd/undergraduate/courses/admissions-statistics-for-medicine--dentistry/

Though it felt a little lower than this on the threads this year, so keep an eye out for them publishing 202's figures

Thank you so much.
Think I'm going to need around 3100+ yikes!

Hi! When I was applying (in 2018/19), we were told to aim to get above 650. Saying that, I know of some people with a lower score who got interview offers. Just try and make your personal statement really strong!

Maryam
Original post by Queen Mary Student Ambassadors
Hi! When I was applying (in 2018/19), we were told to aim to get above 650. Saying that, I know of some people with a lower score who got interview offers. Just try and make your personal statement really strong!

Maryam

Thank you.
The minimum gcse requirements are 3 A’s but I got 2 A’s so should I still try to apply?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Queen Mary Student Ambassadors

Maryam

Do I still have a chance to apply even though I got 2 A’s at gcse and not the minimum requirement of 3A’s?
Thank you.

You’re welcome!

Latest

Trending

Trending