The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SoonToDelete
I was in panel c

oh yikes same
I just did my interview.
I absolutely failed it :frown:
I had no idea what one.of the interviewer were asking most of the time.
They didn't ask me questions that I had prepared for.
It.was just horrible :frown:
I'm now crying in my grave.

One of the interviewers looked so impatient when I was speaking, and when i had tried to answer he looked so disappointed and at one point he had his palm to his face as if my answer was s***.

honestly i get what you mean this happened to me in another interview but please don’t stress just try to forget about it as best as you can and focus on the next interview or revision etc. you probably did much better than you thought !!
Original post by velvetpeach
honestly i get what you mean this happened to me in another interview but please don’t stress just try to forget about it as best as you can and focus on the next interview or revision etc. you probably did much better than you thought !!

This is my only med interview this year :frown:

I couldn't have possible dome better than I thought because when they asked me those difficult questions my answers were like one sentence in total.
(edited 3 years ago)

honestly don’t worry, then again you are your own biggest critic and also the student at Barts I spoke to before the interview said loads of his friends thought the interview went horriblyyyyy but actually got offers, so keep positive !!
Original post by velvetpeach
honestly don’t worry, then again you are your own biggest critic and also the student at Barts I spoke to before the interview said loads of his friends thought the interview went horriblyyyyy but actually got offers, so keep positive !!

Thank you, that's quite reassuring.
Reply 1585

I couldn't have possible dome better than I thought because when they asked me those difficult questions my answers were like one sentence in total.

Did you feel this way about article portion of the interview or the entirety of the interview?
Thank you, that's quite reassuring.

hope everything goes well for you!
Original post by asclepeion
Did you feel this way about article portion of the interview or the entirety of the interview?

2/3 of the whole interview.
Original post by Argonaute
oh yikes same

I was in panel c too
How was the timing of the interview, did it stick strictly to 20 minutes or some had finished theirs earlier or later than the expected 20 minutes? I think I recall someone mentioning that theirs only lasted like 15 minutes or so!
Original post by 14hasm
I was in panel c too

Not had my interview yet! How did yours go?
Original post by the hungry
probably the hardest interview i've ever had ffs i shouldn't of under estimated it.... does anyone know that if we couldn't answer one or two questions will we be marked down? if we were honest and said we dont know but can have a guess? is this still acceptable?

I had the same experience, i couldn't answer so many questions and i was crying afterwards, I thought they were supposed to be the nice interview but then it just hit me
Guys dw the interviewers are really nice, I had mine yesterday
Original post by Argonaute
Not had my interview yet! How did yours go?

Meh - I mean it could have gotten better! Missed a few points for the article, but got the key points.

Really don't know at this point! :frown:

Hope yours goes well! How are you feeling for it?
Original post by 14hasm
Meh - I mean it could have gotten better! Missed a few points for the article, but got the key points.

Really don't know at this point! :frown:

Hope yours goes well! How are you feeling for it?

Nice one, I'm sure you did great! At least it's over!
Erm not too sure, think I've done what I can to prep but hearing about some people not having a particularly good time on the panel I'm on has kinda gotten me worried. Fingers crossed it goes ok
Original post by kelloggs27
what time was yours?

10:15
I just searched up the sheet that they mark you by and i am now absolutely sure i am screwed.
Reply 1597
I just searched up the sheet that they mark you by and i am now absolutely sure i am screwed.

In the QMUL webinar, the guy talking said it was like:

scored out of 5
1 - unsuitable, unable to provide answers
2 - below average
3 - good, average, did not answer everything
4 - very good, meeting expectations
5 - exceeded expectations

What do they mark you on? Where did you find this sheet?
Original post by the hungry

Original post by asclepeion

Original post by kelloggs27

Original post by c00kieraider

Guys, your posts contained information that's way, way too specific including topics and questions.

Furthermore, some of you were so specific as to state which panel you were in and then saying "person X was horrible". :facepalm:

Remember that med admission tutors come on TSR (I am one, after all!) and they read these posts!

Posts are removed for your protection.

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending