The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the UCAT criteria is here - what sort of scores are we expected. Personally:

VR: 680
DM: 600
QR: 620
AR: 630
Total: 2530
SJT: Band 1
Barts are 50:50 ucat and academics so I’m assuming they don’t look at personal statement
Reply 22
I am predicted a 1st in BSc and got a total score of 2930 in UCAT. Unfortunately, I did so badly in VR (460...). Will QM looks at individual section or an average of overall score? Thanks!
Original post by RHirst
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the UCAT criteria is here - what sort of scores are we expected. Personally:

Some people in my school got in with scores as low as 660 average. If you have a weak ucat, you can compensate for it with more UCAS tariff points
Original post by RHirst
Hi guys,

Lowest to be invited was 2770 last year but obviously this year deciles are much higher so I expect that to increase sadly
Original post by Hdheimdnbf
Lowest to be invited was 2770 last year but obviously this year deciles are much higher so I expect that to increase sadly

The lowest score to be invited to an interview at Barts last year was an average of 640 for A100.
I’m guessing you’re talking about Graduate Entry
Original post by Medkid10
The lowest score to be invited to an interview at Barts last year was an average of 640 for A100.
I’m guessing you’re talking about Graduate Entry

Yep as this is the graduate entry thread lol
Yep as this is the graduate entry thread lol

Ah my bad, misread the title sorry 😂
Reply 28
Original post by Medkid10
Some people in my school got in with scores as low as 660 average. If you have a weak ucat, you can compensate for it with more UCAS tariff points

Hi @Medkid10 just wanted to clarify if they got into the A101 or the A100 at Bart's with a UCAT ~ 660?

The reason I ask if because I scored an avg of 660 and have a 1st class hons and am questioning whether or not it is worth applying. I've seen on 'whatdotheyknow' a score of 640 with a 1st class offered a spot in 2019/2020 but am quite torn.

Thanks!
Reply 29
AAA at Alevel
690 Average (2760 UCAT)
1st in BSc Med Biochemistry and Distinction in MRes Medicine

What are your thoughts on me applying here?
Reply 30

Hi -

Does anyone have any thoughts they can offer here?

It seems like the website and 'whatdotheyknow' are saying different things, as according to the latter, a score of 640 with a 1st class was offered a spot in 2019/2020.

Excel here has more info: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a101_barts_medical_school_ucat_s
Reply 31
Original post by JohnL7
Hi -

Does anyone have any thoughts they can offer here?

It seems like the website and 'whatdotheyknow' are saying different things, as according to the latter, a score of 640 with a 1st class was offered a spot in 2019/2020.

Excel here has more info: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a101_barts_medical_school_ucat_s

https://www.qmul.ac.uk/smd/undergraduate/courses/admissions-statistics-for-medicine--dentistry/
Their official page says lowest offer holder of 2770 for 2020 entry (2020/21 cycle), what you're referring to as lowest offer score of 2560 (avg. 640) was for 2019 entry (2019/20 cycle).
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by asclepeion
https://www.qmul.ac.uk/smd/undergraduate/courses/admissions-statistics-for-medicine--dentistry/
Their official page says lowest offer holder of 2770 for 2020 entry (2020/21 cycle), what you're referring to as lowest offer score of 2560 (avg. 640) was for 2019 entry (2019/20 cycle).

Ah I see! Thanks very much for clarifying.
Original post by asclepeion

does that not mean the thresholds can still be that low? doesn't it depend on rather who applies than what the deciles are?
Reply 34
Original post by biomed6583
does that not mean the thresholds can still be that low? doesn't it depend on rather who applies than what the deciles are?

Yeah, if everyone applying had scores around 6-7th decile then the cutoff will be lower, if more applying had scores within 9th decile, cutoff will be higher.
Cutoff depends on applicants for most of the unis. The only thing QMUL say is that you’ll be automatically rejected if you’re third decile or below I think.
Hello! Do you know if Barts ever accepts people worth a 2:1? I’ve a 2:1 from Leeds uni in Biology where as so many people have a first. My ucat is 2810 band 1, and I’ve heard it’s weighed 50:50 however I’m worried it’s not enough from what I’ve read. What do you all think?
Just to double-check, do Barts score a predicted 1st the same as an achieved 1st?
Original post by Argonaute
Just to double-check, do Barts score a predicted 1st the same as an achieved 1st?

Yes I believe I’ve seen that somewhere
So I’ve got 2780 band 1 UCAT and predicted 1st do I have a shot at getting an interview?
Would Barts take into consideration a mark of 69.91% (borderline first) and treat it differently from a mid/low 2:1 or would they just treat it as a standard 2:1 for the purposes of selecting for interview (ucat of 2820 B3)?

Latest

Trending

Trending