The Student Room Group

University of Bristol A100 2021 Entry

Welcome to the University of Bristol A100 2021 Entry Discussion.

Bristol A100 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022360

For general information click: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/2020/medicine/mb-medicine/

For entry requirements click: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/media/undergraduate/admissions-statements/2020/medicine.pdf

Bristol A100 / A108 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6913216

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What ucat score is safe for Bristol?
Reply 2
Original post by Laboromniavincit
What ucat score is safe for Bristol?

It was 682.5 last year. I have never seen an A100 cut off over 700
Original post by GANFYD

You are so helpful
Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by GANFYD

What's the highest you've seen?:biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Abz231
What's the highest you've seen?:biggrin:

700 in 2017 (not a Bristol), though shortly before results day, they gave late interviews to more people, reducing the final cut off. But all those <700 had been rejected prior to that

EDIT: Though in the year that the UCAT results all went screwy (2014), Newcastle's cut off was 2980, but then the top deciles were about 200 higher than other years, so probably comparable with other years (was mid 9th decile, same as it was this year)
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Can any of you guys give me some advice.. as I want to apply for A100 2021 cycle

UCAT 2550 SJT 3

A Level 2020 results

Chemistry Grade A
Physics Grade A
Mathematics Grade A

I live in a low progression area..

I am concerned with my LOW UCAT score... is it too low for Bristol ?

I only have a grade 5 in English Language hence limited to where I can apply too...
Original post by ukheman
Can any of you guys give me some advice.. as I want to apply for A100 2021 cycle

UCAT 2550 SJT 3

A Level 2020 results

Chemistry Grade A
Physics Grade A
Mathematics Grade A

I only have a grade 5 in English Language hence limited to where I can apply too...

My son got an interview with 2580 and SJ 3. Have you already sat the UCAT for this cycle?
Reply 8
Original post by ukheman

UCAT 2550 SJT 3

A Level 2020 results

Chemistry Grade A
Physics Grade A
Mathematics Grade A

Please don't post in the 2020 thread if you have a query about 2021 admission. This thread is the one you need.

Your post has been moved here, along with a reply to your post.

Reply 9
thats unfair .. as 2020 cycle students would know the answer to this rather than 2021 students,,,
Original post by ukheman
thats unfair .. as 2020 cycle students would know the answer to this rather than 2021 students,,,

Your post is off-topic to the 2020 applicants - they are talking about different things, how to prepare for starting uni, accommodation etc.

It's the same reason why candidates aren't allowed to post in the "Current Medical Students and Doctors" forum and ask them questions. Plus the criteria changes slightly every year, so they may not be of help anyway.

If they wanted to, they would come into this thread and answer your question. Your post being here will also help other Bristol A108 2021 applicants coming here in the next few months.

(edited 3 years ago)
Hello! I'm a Bristol offer holder (applied last year for deferred entry), happy to help out with anything!
Hi, i’m thinking of applying here for 2021 entry. Someone correct me if i’m wrong but they rank applicants for interview of their ucat score? so for example if i meet academic requirements and get a ucat score above the calculated cut off score i will be invited for an interview?
Secondly, does anyone know how many places they offer for UK entry?
Thank you
Original post by bradleywv1
Hi, i’m thinking of applying here for 2021 entry. Someone correct me if i’m wrong but they rank applicants for interview of their ucat score? so for example if i meet academic requirements and get a ucat score above the calculated cut off score i will be invited for an interview?
Secondly, does anyone know how many places they offer for UK entry?
Thank you

Hi, it's great you are thinking of applying. There is a thread for 2021 entry which may be useful to post in - your thinking on how they invite to interview is correct.

They have about 280 places and I think at interview last year they said they make between 500-700 offers (one year I think it was been 58% interview: offer, another 63% and in 2019 it was 70%) [might not be exact as it was a long time ago now]
Original post by DGeorge13
Hi, it's great you are thinking of applying. There is a thread for 2021 entry which may be useful to post in - your thinking on how they invite to interview is correct.

They have about 280 places and I think at interview last year they said they make between 500-700 offers (one year I think it was been 58% interview: offer, another 63% and in 2019 it was 70%) [might not be exact as it was a long time ago now]

Thanks for the reply. This is in the 2021 thread isnt it? Also, thanks for the information about the places. How do they give out 500-700 offers to students but have a lot less places available? What if all those 500-700 students got the grades and wanted to accept the offer? I know this is highly unlikely but still wondering xD Thank you.
I got 687.5 on my ucat. Is it risky to apply for bristol as it could be very close to the cutoff?
Original post by xsowmix
I got 687.5 on my ucat. Is it risky to apply for bristol as it could be very close to the cutoff?

What other uni's are you thinking about applying to? im pretty sure st georges has a cut off around 2500
Thanks for the reply. This is in the 2021 thread isnt it? Also, thanks for the information about the places. How do they give out 500-700 offers to students but have a lot less places available? What if all those 500-700 students got the grades and wanted to accept the offer? I know this is highly unlikely but still wondering xD Thank you.

Yes it is - sorry. People putting them as insurance and getting their firm grades, people putting them as either firm or insurance and missing grades, people getting more than two offers etc. They would have to honour the offers but would possibly incentivise deferrals and be fined for every student over their quota
What other uni's are you thinking about applying to? im pretty sure st georges has a cut off around 2500

For UCAT unis, I'm thinking of Leceister and Bristol at the moment.
Original post by xsowmix

The first year Bristol used ucat their threshold was 690, however last year it was far lower than this (I think between 660-680). It's slightly risky however if your other unis are safer you'll be fine!

Latest

Trending

Trending