Butene
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Mimi0003)
Brighton - but was for BSMS due to the subject/contents in the email
Yeah that's what I had thought from looking at their website, I can't believe they screwed us over that hard with section 2 though but at least since I'm contextual I'm pretty much "guaranteed" an interview (don't want to jinx it) seeing as they've all got interviews for the past 6 years with no cut off. RIP to my other BMAT choice though that's definitely gone now only got 3 choices to look forward to.
Mimi0003
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Butene)
Yeah that's what I had thought from looking at their website, I can't believe they screwed us over that hard with section 2 though but at least since I'm contextual I'm pretty much "guaranteed" an interview (don't want to jinx it) seeing as they've all got interviews for the past 6 years with no cut off. RIP to my other BMAT choice though that's definitely gone now only got 3 choices to look forward to.
Ik...Good luck with your application!
Butene
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Ik...Good luck with your application!
Thanks, hope it all goes well with yours too! Is it alright if I ask what else you've applied to and why? I only did BSMS in all honesty for the easy contextual offer.
Mimi0003
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Thanks, hope it all goes well with yours too! Is it alright if I ask what else you've applied to and why? I only did BSMS in all honesty for the easy contextual offer.
Thank you!!

I've applied to Cardiff, Leeds & Lancaster. Applied to Cardiff due to a low UCAT score. Leeds & Lancaster were my other chances as well as BSMS as my UCAT score didn't really give me a chance. Hence, why I focused on BMAT unis. We'll see how this goes as BMAT was absolutely shambles....Did you apply anywhere else too?
Butene
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Thank you!!

I've applied to Cardiff, Leeds & Lancaster. Applied to Cardiff due to a low UCAT score. Leeds & Lancaster were my other chances as well as BSMS as my UCAT score didn't really give me a chance. Hence, why I focused on BMAT unis. We'll see how this goes as BMAT was absolutely shambles....Did you apply anywhere else too?
I've applied to Imperial, BSMS, St George's, QMUL(for biomed which I already got an offer but will decline) and King's A101 (Med with an extra year for those that are widening participation). I managed to get a score of 2530 B3 which bummed me out but if I'm honest I barely did any work for it so the blames on me, I'm pretty much right above the 5th percentile and so hopefully I'll get an interview at St George's as the past 2 years the cut off was at the 5th percentile. They're all London choices except BSMS because unsurprisingly I'm from London :rolleyes:, BSMS is just there as the ultimate safe choice which is about a 2 hour journey from where I live right now (was thinking of Leeds but it's too far). How come you've picked unis so far apart?
Mimi0003
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I've applied to Imperial, BSMS, St George's, QMUL(for biomed which I already got an offer but will decline) and King's A101 (Med with an extra year for those that are widening participation). I managed to get a score of 2530 B3 which bummed me out but if I'm honest I barely did any work for it so the blames on me, I'm pretty much right above the 5th percentile and so hopefully I'll get an interview at St George's as the past 2 years the cut off was at the 5th percentile. They're all London choices except BSMS because unsurprisingly I'm from London :rolleyes:, BSMS is just there as the ultimate safe choice which is about a 2 hour journey from where I live right now (was thinking of Leeds but it's too far). How come you've picked unis so far apart?
Ohh I see. Good luck with those unis!! Tbf, you did well in your UCAT as compared to me lol. Tbh, I didn't think of the distance when I applied. I tried to apply strategically with academics and BMAT cut-off scores in the past. As my UCAT didn't go so well, I needed some wiggle room for BMAT. Although, it's been difficult this year as we've all been put in the dark due to our BMAT scores.
Butene
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Ohh I see. Good luck with those unis!! Tbf, you did well in your UCAT as compared to me lol. Tbh, I didn't think of the distance when I applied. I tried to apply strategically with academics and BMAT cut-off scores in the past. As my UCAT didn't go so well, I needed some wiggle room for BMAT. Although, it's been difficult this year as we've all been put in the dark due to our BMAT scores.
The same with you , just wondering are you applying for the first time or is this your second time? I understand your BMAT/UCAT since I'm also in the same situation although definitely not the worst (I know someone in my school who scored 2200 so not sure what they ended up doing and I know for certain they hadn't taken the BMAT but they were early entry so maybe foundations). My GCSE's aren't anything great so I picked these unis as they were entrance exams focused but I doubt I can withstand living 5 years in a city I don't like at all despite trying to be strategic. I'm just wondering if my BMAT was enough for Imperial but highly doubt it, also surprisingly there's such little activity for BSMS.
Mimi0003
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
The same with you , just wondering are you applying for the first time or is this your second time? I understand your BMAT/UCAT since I'm also in the same situation although definitely not the worst (I know someone in my school who scored 2200 so not sure what they ended up doing and I know for certain they hadn't taken the BMAT but they were early entry so maybe foundations). My GCSE's aren't anything great so I picked these unis as they were entrance exams focused but I doubt I can withstand living 5 years in a city I don't like at all despite trying to be strategic. I'm just wondering if my BMAT was enough for Imperial but highly doubt it, also surprisingly there's such little activity for BSMS.
Thank you! This is my first time, straight from high school! I don't mind the environment tbh. Does Imperial have an OK BMAT cut-off score? If so, you may just get by, you never know! Yea, it may be that many people don't know about TSR, who knows.
SorryMedic
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I reckon it's because people aren't taking the risk with the BMAT this year as it could only be sat after applying to Uni. I'm similar to you by the way, really really want King's EMDP. I avoided St Georges because i don't think my UCAT will be enough (slightly higher than yours - sorry).
Mimi0003
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by SorryMedic)
I reckon it's because people aren't taking the risk with the BMAT this year as it could only be sat after applying to Uni. I'm similar to you by the way, really really want King's EMDP. I avoided St Georges because i don't think my UCAT will be enough (slightly higher than yours - sorry).
That too! The risk with BMAT...
Butene
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Thank you! This is my first time, straight from high school! I don't mind the environment tbh. Does Imperial have an OK BMAT cut-off score? If so, you may just get by, you never know! Yea, it may be that many people don't know about TSR, who knows.
Not sure how they score it overall but for sections 1 and 2 the usual score you'd need to get is around a 5 which is higher than average but not too high, just gonna have to end up seeing whether they offer or not.
Mimi0003
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Not sure how they score it overall but for sections 1 and 2 the usual score you'd need to get is around a 5 which is higher than average but not too high, just gonna have to end up seeing whether they offer or not.
Yea, it's a waiting game sadly...Is this your first time applying too?
Butene
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by SorryMedic)
I see where you're coming from and no need to apologise! If anything you not applying makes it easier for me as there'll be one less, I'm pretty confident with the amount of research I've done about the cut off but as always it could end up changing any year. You would think that because there are more applicants each year from 2017 that the cut off would be higher which was the case for 2018 at St George's but after that it's been the lowest it's ever been for St George's in 2019 and 2020 entry despite the increase in med applicants (although I'm personally not certain what the cohort was for those years), I'm just praying that they keep it at the 5th decile this time around. If I could get that EMDP from King's though that would be heaven, it is alright if I can know what you managed to get for the UCAT?
Butene
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Yea, it's a waiting game sadly...Is this your first time applying too?
Yeah it's my first time and I hope it'll be my last time.
Mimi0003
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Yeah it's my first time and I hope it'll be my last time.
True!! Lol
medicaa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Does anyone know what the tuition fee for EU students starting 2021 is? Ive been told BSMS will set the fee for EU students. I am an EU student with settled status. Any EU student with settled status applying to BSMS ?
Last edited by medicaa; 10 months ago
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by medicaa)
Does anyone know what the tuition fee for EU students starting 2021 is? Ive been told BSMS will set the fee for EU students. I am an EU student with settled status. Any EU student with settled status applying to BSMS ?
If you're settled status it'll still be home fees.

https://www.ucas.com/finance/finance...nd-eu-students

EU nationals who are ‘settled’ or ‘pre-settled’ in the UK will remain eligible for home tuition fees providing they meet residency requirements.
medicaa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by ecolier)
If you're settled status it'll still be home fees.

https://www.ucas.com/finance/finance...nd-eu-students

EU nationals who are ‘settled’ or ‘pre-settled’ in the UK will remain eligible for home tuition fees providing they meet residency requirements.
Hi , thank you for replying promptly. Does this apply for courses beginning in year 2021 ? this is where I am confused. it says that courses after autumn 2021 fees maybe different.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by medicaa)
Hi , thank you for replying promptly. Does this apply for courses beginning in year 2021 ? this is where I am confused. it says that courses after autumn 2021 fees maybe different.
It will apply to courses starting in 2021, DW.
JoshWalters
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Guys I have sent my contextual offer evidence to [email protected] but I haven't received a confirmation my contextual data was received. Should I be worried?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (48)
13.41%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
25.98%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.6%
I'm finding things difficult (124)
34.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.38%

Watched Threads