The Student Room Group

Edge Hill University A100 2021 Entry

Welcome to the Edge Hill A100 2021 Entry Discussion.

Edge Hill A100 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6238230

For general information click: https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/courses/medicine/

For entry requirements click: https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/courses/medicine/tab/entry-criteria/

Edge Hill A100 / A110 2021 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6970930

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone got a rough idea what UCAT you need to be shortlisted for an interview? (Anecdotelly?) I've emailed and they didn't have an answer (since it's a new school)
Original post by Abz231
Anyone got a rough idea what UCAT you need to be shortlisted for an interview? (Anecdotelly?) I've emailed and they didn't have an answer (since it's a new school)

are you an home student?
Reply 3
Original post by Hcj21212in
are you an home student?

Yes. Also not eligible for their contextual foundation programme
Is it true that they only have 30 places? I thought they added more?
Reply 5
Original post by aspiringmedic:0

I thinnk they are planning to but have not done yet. And 15 of those 30 places are used for people joining from the Foundation course, so only around 15 available. I would call and clarify this with them, though, as things are changing pretty frequently this year!
HiI got 593 in my UCAT this year, do you think I can get invited for an interview? (2021 entry)
Reply 7
Original post by aspiringmedic:0

They planned on 30 for 2020 intake (15 from Foundation year and 15 standard intake) but they were one of the med schools that took-up the offer of uncapping after the results day debacle; they added 9 potential new spaces via this route. I have no idea whether they will retain the increased number for 2021 entry but, if they do, we will be looking at 15 from foundation plus 24 standard intake...
Reply 8
Original post by ariannadimartino
HiI got 593 in my UCAT this year, do you think I can get invited for an interview? (2021 entry)

UCAT cut off was 612.5 last year. But if youre part of WAP you may be able to get away with it as they get preference for interview (top 200). My mate had the same UCAT as you and he got an interview (For the 6 year foundation programme however)

Have you decided on your other choices?
Original post by Abz231
UCAT cut off was 612.5 last year. But if youre part of WAP you may be able to get away with it as they get preference for interview (top 200). My mate had the same UCAT as you and he got an interview (For the 6 year foundation programme however)

Ohh that's unfortunate.. Yeah, Aston Medical School and UEA for now.. I'm afraid I don't have many choices. Thinking of taking the BMAT as well
Reply 10
Original post by ariannadimartino
Ohh that's unfortunate.. Yeah, Aston Medical School and UEA for now.. I'm afraid I don't have many choices. Thinking of taking the BMAT as well

Ahh. There's also Sunderland and keele providing you meet their other requirements
Original post by Abz231
Ahh. There's also Sunderland and keele providing you meet their other requirements

Thank you :smile:
Reply 12
Hi,

I got 647.5 and band 1 in ucat. My predicted grades are AAA and in my gcse, I received 3A*, 2A, and 3B. Do you think I could get an interview?
What other medical schools could I possibly get an interview with these stats?
Reply 13
Original post by Skar02
Hi,

I got 647.5 and band 1 in ucat. My predicted grades are AAA and in my gcse, I received 3A*, 2A, and 3B. Do you think I could get an interview?
What other medical schools could I possibly get an interview with these stats?

Potentially Plymouth ARU UEA St George (check their GCSE requirements) from the top of my head. Also Keele and Sunderland if you have decent voluntary work for their R&R form. Check if you meet the cut off for HYMS as well
Reply 14
Original post by Abz231

Do you have to apply for WAP or do they use the information on UCAS to see if you are eligible?
Reply 15
Original post by be02
Do you have to apply for WAP or do they use the information on UCAS to see if you are eligible?

I don't think you have to apply but best to check with the Admissions team
Just applied on Wednesday only to find out yesterday they only give out 15 places for 5yr MBChB!! :frown:
I've got 645 + Band 1 in UCAT so not the most competitive ever....fingers crossed it's enough for interview this year!
It would be interesting to know how many people apply/get an interview this year :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by tj21
Just applied on Wednesday only to find out yesterday they only give out 15 places for 5yr MBChB!! :frown:
I've got 645 + Band 1 in UCAT so not the most competitive ever....fingers crossed it's enough for interview this year!
It would be interesting to know how many people apply/get an interview this year :smile:

Same happened with me. I applied there but the next day found out that only 15 places there for us. I think It is gonna be very competitive.
Original post by Zedi
Same happened with me. I applied there but the next day found out that only 15 places there for us. I think It is gonna be very competitive.

Yep.
I'm praying even more on my 5th choice now - I'm taking my time trying to find out how competitive each one is so I don't make the same mistake! (I'm either applying to pharmacy or undergrad physician associate)
Original post by tj21
Yep.
I'm praying even more on my 5th choice now - I'm taking my time trying to find out how competitive each one is so I don't make the same mistake! (I'm either applying to pharmacy or undergrad physician associate)

So you're going to be giving up on medicine if you don't get in this time?

Post originally created by ecolier.

Latest