ScotRAD
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by scunner)
Hi everyone. I am a current student from the 2020 intake for HCP med. Happy to answer questions for anyone with offers who want to know about the
Whats an average week like? I’m looking at my work for September and don’t know how many hours I’ll manage, 24hrs I was hoping to do?
scunner
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by ScotRAD)
Whats an average week like? I’m looking at my work for September and don’t know how many hours I’ll manage, 24hrs I was hoping to do?
Hey. They say it's about 21 hours per week of work.
And that really depends on you. Some people watch lectures at double speed and are pretty well versed on a lot of the content already so their actual hours per week is less than someone who is less confident and has less adjacent medical experience.
ScotRAD
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hey. They say it's about 21 hours per week of work.
And that really depends on you. Some people watch lectures at double speed and are pretty well versed on a lot of the content already so their actual hours per week is less than someone who is less confident and has less adjacent medical experience.
Thanks for your reply, I suppose what I was asking is do you have anything you have to be there for at a certain time? Like being on teams for a tutorial or something ? Or can all the coursework be done in your own time? Obviously excluding placement.
scunner
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by ScotRAD)
Thanks for your reply, I suppose what I was asking is do you have anything you have to be there for at a certain time? Like being on teams for a tutorial or something ? Or can all the coursework be done in your own time? Obviously excluding placement.
Yeah there are 'simultaneous sessions' which you have to attend online at certain times. In our first semester these were spread out but often on 2 days a week. They are trying to condense this to one day a week but that's yet to happen.

You also have to do a GP session in person once a week.
ScotRAD
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Yeah there are 'simultaneous sessions' which you have to attend online at certain times. In our first semester these were spread out but often on 2 days a week. They are trying to condense this to one day a week but that's yet to happen.

You also have to do a GP session in person once a week.
Great, that’s really good to know. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Good luck with your future studies!
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 minute ago
Congratulations to all offer holders!Here's your brand new offer holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6947926
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (268)
51.74%
No (250)
48.26%

Watched Threads