The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by starrystudy
Thats good that u finished in time. I'm sure you've done good though, good luck with the rest of ur application :smile:

cheers. have no clu how i did and the more i think about it the worse it seems lol. oh well. Gl to u 2
Original post by Bigreshe
cheers. have no clu how i did and the more i think about it the worse it seems lol. oh well. Gl to u 2

Yeah, don't overthink it! We tend to dwell on the negative after interviews anyway. Thank you so much :smile:
Original post by Dela.X
to be honest i think it went absolutely horrible T_T
I said "umm" like every 10 seconds, my answers barely had structure and the timing was god awful haha, hopefully it's not marked as badly as I thought but I did my best so that's what matters I guess

hey dont worry - mine went absolute horrible too and everyone I've explained the format to said it was a horrible way to do it so they'll hopefully be more understanding!!
Original post by didiha11
hey dont worry - mine went absolute horrible too and everyone I've explained the format to said it was a horrible way to do it so they'll hopefully be more understanding!!

Not trying to sound mean but I'm glad I wasn't the only one who found it challenging haha 😅

Yepp I'll try to stay optimistic! Now I'm just savouring the moment where I no longer have to juggle school work and the med school application 😁
Original post by YungLordRaf
Each station has 10 marks: 7 for what you say, 3 for how you say it

where did u hear this 😳
Original post by JP2000!!!
ffs man I hate it when people give you **** interview advice

exactly, but tbh as upset as i was im glad im taking a gap year to just have some time for myself
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by summerKJI
where did u hear this 😳

It's in the FAQs on the imperial website under "How will each station be marked?"
As far as I'm aware we are 100% prosection unless you get involved in preparing specimens in your own time?
Where did you read about dissections?
Original post by becausethenight
As far as I'm aware we are 100% prosection unless you get involved in preparing specimens in your own time?
Where did you read about dissections?

I think it’s this part that was confusing
D8A8BAD1-AA15-4C88-9762-D5D4817B1F67.jpg.jpeg
Original post by Yazomi
I think it’s this part that was confusing
D8A8BAD1-AA15-4C88-9762-D5D4817B1F67.jpg.jpeg

Ah OK I think the confusion is because the HAU does offer dissection - just not to medical students as part of years 1 and 2 AFAIK! Some BSc programmes and postgraduate training might have some dissection, and obviously they dissect the cadavers for prosection on site (@AnnaBananana can correct me if I'm wrong though).

The blog post is from 2018 so the last year that did do full body dissection. From the class of '25 onwards (ie starting in 2019) it stopped.
In summary, Imperial no-longer do full-body dissections???
is it possible for imperial/other unis to change their course to optional intercalation bcs of changes in the UKFPO system (no longer counting extra achievements) ?
Original post by dbshbdj
is it possible for imperial/other unis to change their course to optional intercalation bcs of changes in the UKFPO system (no longer counting extra achievements) ?

I doubt it because intercalation will still provide other advantages (specialty training will still give you extra points, for example).

Post originally created by ecolier.
Reply 3873
Original post by aeneas_son
guys, question about the interviews- to clarify, we only record one video with all of our stations, we need to say our full name and ucas number at the start of the video (not at the start of each question?), and we can record on a separate app and then upload that onto the penopto video. have i missed anything? also, do we need to download penopto or can we just open the link

also, the people at the talk kept mentioning a Helena's video but idk where this video is, does anyone have a link </3

Hi, can anyone please share the link for this video by current student Helena that was mentioned in the meet and greet? Thanks
Reply 3874

Imperial only offer prosection (changed from whole-body dissection to prosection for 2019 entry). But I have read the messages from current students that the prosection is a very good way of learning anatomy as well.

No they don’t.

I am a current second year student, we are the first year group doing the ‘new curriculum’. When we were due to start, at our offer holder day, we were told that not all of the changes to the curriculum had been finalised but dissection would be staying. About three weeks in, we were told that dissection had been removed from anatomy teaching and we would do prosection only. I felt cross about this, partly because this was one of the criteria I’d used to decide where I was going to apply, and partly because it felt dishonest. Some students who held several offers said that they may have decided to firm a different uni if they’d known that imperial were moving to prosection alone.

A year and a bit in, I’m happy with the anatomy teaching (and I’m very much an anatomy nerd), and from talking to friends who are second year med students at other universities, I don’t feel that I’ve been disadvantaged.
(edited 3 years ago)
Yooo my interview is on Wednesday when we're recording the video can we go to the interview video tab or will it stop recording if we change tabs? I’m on a Mac if that helps
And I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask this but are the questions for each station linked to each other or not?
Original post by dancingshru
Yooo my interview is on Wednesday when we're recording the video can we go to the interview video tab or will it stop recording if we change tabs? I’m on a Mac if that helps

I'm not sure but just to be safe I might just do a split-screen tbh.
shout out to Helena in the instructions video

she a real one

Latest

Trending

Trending