ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Welcome to the King's College London A100 2021 Entry Discussion.

KCL A100 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6022532

For general information click: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra.../medicine-mbbs

For entry requirements click: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...y-requirements

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by ecolier; 2 months ago
Bootleg22
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What is a good UCAT score for KCL?
lucybirdx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Bootleg22)
What is a good UCAT score for KCL?
It really depends on your GCSEs. If you have good GCSEs (mostly 8s and 9s) then around 670 average will be enough, if your GCSEs are average or on the lower end then you're definitely looking at over 700 average
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
The average is 700/ 700 and something. But remember this is the average. Anything above 650 is considered good to them
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Hi, I wanted to know if the medicine course at kings is 5 years or 6 years as on the website it says the course is 6 years with a mandatory intercalated year. However from several blog posts and social media I've heard that its a 5 year course. Can someone confirm what is true?
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I wanted to know if the medicine course at kings is 5 years or 6 years as on the website it says the course is 6 years with a mandatory intercalated year. However from several blog posts and social media I've heard that its a 5 year course. Can someone confirm what is true?
If faced with an official uni website or some rando on social media, I always choose to believe the social media personally.
username1625799
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
clearly the social media and blog posts are correct
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by nexttime)
If faced with an official uni website or some rando on social media, I always choose to believe the social media personally.
Is this sarcasm?
(Original post by leobrave)
clearly the social media and blog posts are correct
Okay so it is a 5 year course then, with intercalation being optional?
Jehaan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I go to kings, Ive heard rumours from medics who said that most people are on the 5 year but they were thinking of introducing mandatory intercalation year so the 6 year course may be new this year. I would suggest looking on UCAS as that’s the most up to date
username1625799
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The intercalated year is compulsory unless you're a grad entering the A100 course, so in total if you're a normal undergrad the course would be 6 years including the intercalated year for the normal A100 Medicine.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
The intercalated year is compulsory unless you're a grad entering the A100 course, so in total if you're a normal undergrad the course would be 6 years including the intercalated year for the normal A100 Medicine.
Okay, thank you!
aalixyh
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Any current Yr13's kn this thread in case they have to reapply lol
limitlesspuffy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yes, I asked a student via unibuddy on KCL's website, she said that they recently changed the course so it is now 6 years with a mandatory iBSC. It used to be 5 years previously.
aalixyh
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
yeah some med student told me the intercalated year was previously "opt out" if you had a medical condition or couldnt do it for a serious reason
FemaleBo55
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm a graduate hoping to apply for the A100
17ehoque
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi guys, does King's college London put a heavy emphasis on the UKCAT more than A-level grades? Because I'm getting low UCAT scores :-(
vk0109
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi guys! Just found this thread
I am graduate (international student) hoping to apply for KCL for 2021 entry! Currently preparing for UCAT!

good luck to everyone here
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 17ehoque)
Hi guys, does King's college London put a heavy emphasis on the UKCAT more than A-level grades? Because I'm getting low UCAT scores :-(
Kings shortlist using 40% GCSEs, 50% UCAT and 10% contextual. They do not use A levels except as a minimum requirement
17ehoque
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Kings shortlist using 40% GCSEs, 50% UCAT and 10% contextual. They do not use A levels except as a minimum requirement
They don't use A-level grades?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 17ehoque)
They don't use A-level grades?
Only as a minimum requirement, ie you must be predicted A*AA but anything better that this does not improve your chances
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (29)
26.61%
Less motivated (80)
73.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise