I just got an offer aswell!!
Good luck to everyone xx

Congrats to you both!! :party:

Original post by shxttah_x
I got rejected :frown:

Same here oof. Are you waiting to hear from any other universities? :frown:
Original post by yippy-yikes
Same here oof. Are you waiting to hear from any other universities? :frown:

no ive been rejected from all of my medicine universities... ive got an offer to do biomed but i dont really want to so im kind of confused on wat i shud do right now
what about u?
no ive been rejected from all of my medicine universities... ive got an offer to do biomed but i dont really want to so im kind of confused on wat i shud do right now
what about u?

I'm really sorry to hear that. :frown:
Don't do biomed if you don't want to do it. The amount of times I've seen saying not to do it, especially to get onto medicine afterwards, is a yikesy lot. I'd head into the 2021 clearing thread (there aren't any med schools up yet, but it's always good to try clearing and extra), just don't give and apply again (because if medicine is what your heart is set on, then you should not give up on it now!). :console:

I do have an offer at HYMS A101; at this point I'm trying to lift people's spirits up that this isn't the end :smile:
what about u?

As said, try UCAS Extra / Clearing first - there are usually a few Medicine with a Foundation Year courses going into them.Then if unsuccessful, take a gap year and reapply next year.Never do a degree with the sole aim for graduate entry medicine, it'll take longer, cost more and (most important) will be much much more competitive.

Don't do biomed if you don't want to do it. The amount of times I've seen @ecolier saying not to do it, especially to get onto medicine afterwards, is a yikesy lot. I'd head into the 2021 clearing thread (there aren't any med schools up yet, but it's always good to try clearing and extra), just don't give and apply again (because if medicine is what your heart is set on, then you should not give up on it now!). :console:

I do have an offer at HYMS A101; at this point I'm trying to lift people's spirits up that this isn't the end :smile:

:ta:

Post originally created by ecolier.
Don't do biomed if you don't want to do it. The amount of times I've seen @ecolier saying not to do it, especially to get onto medicine afterwards, is a yikesy lot. I'd head into the 2021 clearing thread (there aren't any med schools up yet, but it's always good to try clearing and extra), just don't give and apply again (because if medicine is what your heart is set on, then you should not give up on it now!). :console:

lmao the amount of times he's said that to me...
the only reason id do biomed is to go onto cancer research but i find interesting but i dont like the biomed course itself
i dont really want to take a gap year either... so im trying to see if there are any other options

congratulations on your offer :smile:... thats really nice of u
yh its looking as though im going to have to go through ucas clearing... i just wanna try not to take a gap year if i can
yh its looking as though im going to have to go through ucas clearing... i just wanna try not to take a gap year if i can

A gap year is much more beneficial than you think. It will save you loads of money and things will be much easier.

You must hold no offers to be eligible for Clearing.

Post originally created by ecolier.
thanks
ik im not very keen on biomed so i just need to talk to my parents before i reject them :frown:
Reply 95
Good luck to everyonee
(edited 3 years ago)
lmao the amount of times he's said that to me...
the only reason id do biomed is to go onto cancer research but i find interesting but i dont like the biomed course itself
i dont really want to take a gap year either... so im trying to see if there are any other options

congratulations on your offer :smile:... thats really nice of u

Honestly, a gap year is really beneficial! Yes, UCAT and BMAT are incredibly daunting, but it can only make you a better applicant in the long run! Also thanks - just once again, don't give up! Do talk to your parents about it and give yourself some time to think. Again (x2, lol), keep an eye out on the clearing thread too :smile:
Reply 97
Anyone still not heard anything ? Well done to everyone though 😁
I got an offer too🥳Good luck everyone
What were everybody's BMAT scores? I got a 10.0 and was rejected pre interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending