Kent and Medway Medical School A100 2021 entry

Watch
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago

Welcome to the Kent and Medway Medical School A100 2021 Entry Discussion.

KMMS A100 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5866148

For general information click: https://kmms.ac.uk/study/

For entry requirements click: https://kmms.ac.uk/entry-requirements-2021/

KMMS A100 2021 Offer Holders: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6956772

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by ecolier; 10 months ago
aspiring_____
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
You don't look at predicted grades right?
SHAZRAB
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
They look at your application as a whole even your personal statement and even look at what average your school had for GCSE’s and if you are not A* student they’ll reject you.
FemaleBo55
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
According to the website graduates are classed in group C. So, I am going to apply as a graduate entry does that mean they wont look at my A-levels? As I believe in one of the excel sheets uploaded on the graduate entry forum it states that they do?
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by FemaleBo55)
According to the website graduates are classed in group C. So, I am going to apply as a graduate entry does that mean they wont look at my A-levels? As I believe in one of the excel sheets uploaded on the graduate entry forum it states that they do?
They will only look at achieved qualifications. So if you do not actually have your degree result in hand, they will look at your A levels only
FemaleBo55
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
They will only look at achieved qualifications. So if you do not actually have your degree result in hand, they will look at your A levels only
Thank you! I have my BSc but I wont have my MSc classification till december, so they'll only look at my BSc then
MomoAlas
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Applying with a 2.1 degree, 647.5 average UCAT and spending this year working as HCA in a hospital. Willing to chat with anyone especially grads
Ram Charan
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Applying to KMMS as a grad as well, im currently working in the NHS in Kent. Does anyone know how much weighting they put on this? as they say they want people who will work in kent...

ucat of 2730 with a band 2, not sure how strong these will be for a grad.
MomoAlas
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
your UCAT is really good tbf
Pharmaboy97
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ram Charan)
Applying to KMMS as a grad as well, im currently working in the NHS in Kent. Does anyone know how much weighting they put on this? as they say they want people who will work in kent...

ucat of 2730 with a band 2, not sure how strong these will be for a grad.
Same case here, I'm working at a general hospital in Kent as well at the moment and I'm hoping that it's something that they take into account because I'm applying with a 2:1
11OME49
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Im hoping to apply - grad also with a 1st but low ucat (2450)- currently work in a hospital also so im hoping they do take it into account
MomoAlas
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Pharmaboy97)
Same case here, I'm working at a general hospital in Kent as well at the moment and I'm hoping that it's something that they take into account because I'm applying with a 2:1
There is nothing wrong at all with a 2:1
Ram Charan
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Might give them a call next week or something and see if I can get some clarification on if working within the kent area is something that will look good...
Pharmaboy97
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MomoAlas)
There is nothing wrong at all with a 2:1
Yeah I know, it meets the minimum requirements academically for almost all school leavers but a first would've helped especially for other places, e.g. Kings, Barts etc.

(Original post by Ram Charan)
Might give them a call next week or something and see if I can get some clarification on if working within the kent area is something that will look good...
That's great, could you please let us know what they say?
daud salman
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
does anybody know how Kent and Medway select applicants for interview?
xMahamx
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I was wondering whether you received an offer from KMMS? I’m looking to apply there for 2021 entry.
Furbs
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey all,

Just jumping on this thread as I have my stats as of today
Undergrad: biomedical science 2.1 achieved and ucat is 2770 band 1. Fingers crossed this is fine. Not working in a healthcare setting but have some work experience from a few years ago and working in a pharmaceutical company's tech dept so hopefully can talk abt some transferable skills and values.

Excited to be applying.
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by daud salman)
does anybody know how Kent and Medway select applicants for interview?
I am not even convinced KMMS know how they do it......
Have you read last year's thread?
Ram Charan
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Pharmaboy97)
Yeah I know, it meets the minimum requirements academically for almost all school leavers but a first would've helped especially for other places, e.g. Kings, Barts etc.

That's great, could you please let us know what they say?
Reply from KMMS about graduates
Name:  20200922_225736.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  284.6 KB
Furbs
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
I am not even convinced KMMS know how they do it......
Have you read last year's thread?
Jeez. This has completely put me off applying here...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (34)
7.22%
October 2021 (214)
45.44%
November 2021 (52)
11.04%
December 2021 (61)
12.95%
January 2021 (54)
11.46%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (41)
8.7%